Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings fellow mk2'ers. new to the page & thought i'd say i'm glad that there is a spot for true mk2 enthusiasts. i happened across this forum while investigating the possibility of some new wheels (16' or 17" not much other than custom made).

my blue '82 has well over 300,000 miles (not km) on the original engine, still runs well. it burns about a quart of oil every 1500 miles. it sat in my driveway for about 4 years ( kids, mini van, etc.) before i finally had enough and got a new battery. i probably should have squirted oil into the cylinders before starting it, but i did get it started. letting a friend borrow it for now.

plans are to replace the dash pad, build a n/a 6mge, reupholster the seats, paint it (dark metallic blue, like the mkiii), recarpet, and then just drive it!!!

thanks for all the tips and stories. i hope to be a regular contributor, probably weekly.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Welcome aboard! It's nice to see our mk2 community growing every day! So what part of the world do you hail from?

Christian

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Welcome to our little community

I'm sure you'll find all the info and help you need here

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Welcome!

another to add to the fold...:)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
welcome to the group :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all! i'm a socal native. ontario, where i now live, is 40 miles east of los angeles, where i was born. i don't see many examples of nice mk2's here, just a lot of beaters driven by people who don't realize what a revolutionary car it was.

i saw a post of youngest and oldest (mine is july 1982), but if there is any recognition for most miles by original owner on original engine, i want in! at least until i build my 6mge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts