Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think I've posted it here yet. I picked up a set of 17" SSR Mesh 17x9 +23, 17X10 +13. Fronts will need spacers, backs fit with some room to play with. I've only had 1 tire (255/40) mounted onto the X10 for test fitment.

Front X10 +13 with 17mm spacers. This sits flush with fender.

Rears X10 +13 with 10mm spacer. This still has same room inside and outside.

Ok, now I'm looking at keeping the X10 up front, and making new barrels X11 0 offset for the rears. Reason is there's still room, and 1 of the X9 is majorly bent. I've got a quote of $900 for the 2 new barrels. The guy is gonna see if you can just cut off the front half of the X9 barrels and weld the added width, and reposition the face for the correct offset. Hopefully that will bring the price down.

Kcheng, I know you're running X11 in the back. What offset are you running, and tire size?

Here's pic of bent rim.

If you guys know where else I can get barrels made, please pass the info.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is the pink stang for sale? they look good man thats a lot of lip you got there do you have any pics with the whole car?

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Nice score, they are pretty hard to find in 17"! Will the barrels 'match' the original SSR barrels?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
You must be seeking wheels night and day... you always come up with nice ones..

(well, except that bent one)

have you tryed wheel collision for repair ?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Damn Im super jealous. Those are my favorite wheels hands down. Ive been wanting a set of those for my 240 for years! Hope fixing that rim works out!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the guy that customized my SSR wheels got the new barrels done by SKH Wheels in Anaheim, CA. Again, not positive, but I remember a post that had that specific info in it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You must be seeking wheels night and day... you always come up with nice ones.. (well, except that bent one) have you tryed wheel collision for repair ?
Yeah I do. I'm always looking around seeing what's out there. Don't wanna miss out on anything.

Some guys says it can be repaired. But if it's not that much more for new barrels with more width, I'd do that and fix the bent rim and sell the 2. I've seen some 240 guys that has these wheel (5x114.3 though) with more positive offsets, so they would probably buy. Plus I know one Cressida guy that has a set that may want it also.

Zerodrag, I'll look into SKH Wheels. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I did a little background check on the guy who's gonna be doing the barrels. I was surprised to find out who he is. Some thought I was a wheel whore, check this guy out. Do you guys remember the JDM/wheel collectors that appeared on SuperStreet years ago? Well it's him. He showed me a few of what he's done, incredible work. 1 person here contacted me about getting barrels done also. So if anyone else needs some work, I'll pass on the info. I can forward you the wheel projects he's done. If you have 15's and want to make them 16's or even 17's, he can do it. And it looks clean. BTW I'm dropping off my wheels today to get the X11.

http://superstreet.automotive.com/93791/130-0810-rare-jdm-wheels-and-parts/index.html

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ya, Ralph... he's the person I picked up my SSR's from. Really cool guy. He's also a person that can probably get you any old-school SSR wheel if you have the cash. Won't be cheap though, but well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After seeing the SuperStreet article, yeah I believe he can find any JDM wheel. Good to hear someone elsehere has dealt with him. And yes I know he's not cheap. I dropped off the wheels. He said it should be 2-3 weeks to get them done. Can't wait.

Zero, you own the white MK2 with the SSR EXC Fins, right?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yup, the now white mkII (used to be silver) with the Challenge Racing - Defi Fins, but made by SSR (kinda like how some of the old Racing Hart wheels were done).

There's just something to love about old-school wheels...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I wish they were all mine; but they are just some photos I came across over time.

The solid-spoke 5-stars are SSR Bang-Vec II, while the split-spoke 5-stars are SSR EXC-NE0s.

I, myself, would kill to get a nice complete set of 16" NE0s with the perfect offset/bolt-pattern. I love the electron center lock gizmo!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wheels are done! Can't wait to pick them up (I'm out of town right now). He snt me pics, so enjoy. 17x11 0 offset (still have confirm).

and how they use to look like, 17x9 +23
Bent one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts