Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 84' Celica Supra 2 days ago. Previous owner did the hard work (rebuild engine, manual swap, other things I can't think of right now) the reason he sold it is because one day his buddy gave him a jump but crossed the positive and negative. Everything electrical isn't working. So far I replaced the old battery and most of the fuses near the battery. I got it to start without jumping it. Headlights won't pop up. Battery gauge won't move up when I start the car, dome light doesn't turn on, automatic windows won't work, ac doesnt work. However Dash lights do turn turn, door lights turn on, radio and speakers work, door lock works. Would be very helpful to know how to fix those.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
You will need at a minimum an '84 owners manual to show what circuit breakers to reset and locations.

Could use the Factory wiring diagram manual as well...Check eBay, Books4cars.com etc.

Reactions: Kenjiboijoi

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
There are some fusible links that could of been fused as well...

Reactions: Kenjiboijoi

·
Registered
574 Posts
Measure each fusible links coming right off battery cable. Also pull and measure every fuse in both fuseboxes. Reason so many things don't work is because fuse for that circuit is blown. They may "look OK", but don't actually conduct any electricity. Here's only sure way to determine if fuse is good or bad.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I doubt you will find any circuit breakers to reset. Most all circuits are protected by blade type fuses. If the headlights work but do not pop up, the fusible link is melted. The A/C will not work if it has lost it's charge, however, I believe the light will still come on in the push button switch. Do a search for the on-line TSRM and you can find the wiring diagrams.
Good luck!

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Yes, the AC pilot light is misleading: it will illuminate even if there is no pressure in the system, which will prevent the clutch to be energize. A link to the 85 Electronic Wiring Diagram is in my sign. Very similar to 84, except fade-out interior dome, and key hole light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts