Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i put a 5M in my 85-ptype or a 6M.

i got my 85 FREE but with no motor, tranny, or interior in it
i know 5m will just drop in w/ no mod and the 6m will take a slight mod to oil pickup and stuff.

any opinions? keep in mind im very limited budget and this is my first car in 3 yrs (law thing)

·
Registered
322 Posts
you drunk lol.

get a job. dont pay insurance. or pay insurance and tellem ur car is off the road so you pay very little.. go to junkyards in az, find a 85, steal the tranny and whateva parts, get a 6m after saving for 3 months. sleep in your car and shower at the college to save money on rent. buy mad ramen noodles. live free lol

my opinion

·
Registered
970 Posts
It all depends on what kind of a deal you can score. 5m's are CHEAP so if you need this car as your daily driver, I'd recommend looking for one of those. If you have another set of wheels and have your heart set on the extra torque that comes with the 6m, wait patiently for someone to put one up cheap here on the forums, or check your local engine importers and salvage yards.

Lol you could always do what Snake said too. I'd add that you should get the max you can via your student loans to pay for your "meal plan" and "room & board", while instead you throw that money at your house on wheels. I'm pretty sure you could cook your ramen on the top of the engine if you felt crafty. :D

-Forrest

1 - 3 of 3 Posts