Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a43de how much power can it take?

i'm gonna be running a 6m-ge.

any performance rebuild kits/parts for the transmission?

would the 6m-ge be better built with an:
1) automatic with headers, 10.5:1 compresson, and other N/A stuff(headwork yadda yadda).
or
2)headwork. turbo, blah blah(i would use phil duper's page on the building of the gte).

if i do n/a i would prolly go to a 7m-ge because of the 24 valves and stay with 6m for turbo cuz of the bigger valves and better torque band. however, if i ran turbo it wouldn't be a low boost at times. when i go to the track and stuff i'd run a pretty high boost level which i don't think the a43de can take.

i will TRY and probably fail but i'm going to try to use a 7m-gte ecu with the 6mge because of the stroger automatic, better fuel management(desighned for a freaggin turbo) and the better afm.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay so 7m-gte with a340e automatic transmission.

anyone got an f series lsd rearend for sale? preferably in the 3.9 ratio range.

what is the most boost anyone has gotten from one of these 7m's?

what is normal around town pressure(and power).

stand alone or factory ecu? i wouldn't think the stand alone would control the automatic?

what is the best powerband anyone has gotten? (wide) i'm talkin 8-9 grand redline and peaking about a grand before that. you'd need aftermarket cams and valve springs and a cheap dyno tho.

i've always been interested in what people could get out of these engines at HIGH speeds. problem is i'd want automatic cuz i'm lazy and that would require a whole new shift chart(don't know what to call it) for the ecu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.