Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,501 Posts
Now you'll have to find the center license plate section from the UK as well because their number plates are wider than ours. And rig up something to illuminate the license plate as they have some little lamps on the bumper cover rather than the ones built into the taillamp housings like our US versions.

·
Registered
1985 Toyota Supra MKII
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now you'll have to find the center license plate section from the UK as well because their number plates are wider than ours. And rig up something to illuminate the license plate as they have some little lamps on the bumper cover rather than the ones built into the taillamp housings like our US versions.
Dont think i can use the US license plate section with these lights? they seem like they will slot right in, but im going by my eyes until i go out later today to put them on

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,433 Posts
I'm with U on "not being a total Purist.." ... I'm more of a Practical person... so more about DRIVING the car & how it performs... than "Official" Looks..

BTW. ... there's a write up on here somewhere... where U can remove and replace the Tailight outer Black trim..(if it's Cracked for example ) ... by using a Regular Household oven somehow... Do a Search...

Have a Good one

·
Registered
1985 Toyota Supra MKII
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mini realization
So the celica's tail lights dont fit on the supra xD, But the rear portion of the metal where i would need to drill to fit them is bent enough that i cant remove the driver tail light without removing the bumper, Buuuuuutttt
The trunk is also so bent i need a new lid~

·
Super Moderator
8,527 Posts
Not to knock you, but you'd be much better off finding a better car to start with unless you have money to burn. By the time you're done with this you'll have replace the entired front and back and all the interior and there won't be much left of what you started with. These cars aren't worth much and parts are way to hard to find these days.

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,433 Posts
Mini realization
So the celica's tail lights dont fit on the supra xD, But the rear portion of the metal where i would need to drill to fit them is bent enough that i cant remove the driver tail light without removing the bumper, Buuuuuutttt
The trunk is also so bent i need a new lid~
Good hatches R hard to come by... & expensive to ship... Mebbe U can get a good Body person to fix Urs ? Does look like the Metal is that bad...

If it is that far bent... if U find a Hatch that's gonna be expensive to ship cuz of Distance... might be worthwhile.. to SAVE the Glass fr Ur Hatch... & have the other person remove the Glass fr theirs ..& just ship U the Metal... which will then weight a LOT less... The seal on the rear Glass is just Rubber...& Glass is pushed out fairly easily... so U can then put Ur Glass in the new Hatch...

Just a suggestion....

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Nvr mind about last suggestion re pulling Glass & re-installing... it's a pain to pull all the Trim around the Glass ..plus U prob wud have to pay an Auto Glass Business to re-install it... so not really saving a whole lot of $$ in the long run...

Best of Luck

21 - 27 of 27 Posts