Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys many of you dont know me, ive been here (forum) for a year or so, recentlry rebuild my engine and some many thing to my car, love my car, but i have to go back to my origin country Peru, my father got a lung surgery a while ago here and thanks God, he did well, but now he had to come back cause he is getting old and tired, and i am the only one who can take care of his business over there.

so sooner or later i have to sell all my stuff my 00 mercury and my 84 supra, i would love to take it with me, and be the only one who have a supra, they have never been exported to Peru, so ill be cool to be unique, but gas is freaking expensive over there, they r converting them using propane gas, and for that i have to put a big freaking GAS TANK in the hatch and i guess is not a good idea to be a driving bomb.

or put a 3c-t (turbo) diesel, but the main thing is to ship my car over there, dunno how much will cost me to shipped by sea, if is too expensive ill have to sell it. i feel so bad now.

just sharing. :32:

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's more important to take care of you father at this point. It would be worth it to ship, though, and you could sell it to someone. Even in a neighboring country with petroleum reserves. Buena suerte!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
It was a pleasure to meet you Edgar. Hopefully you'll still be here in the States and make the Spring meet before you go back home.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was a pleasure to meet everyone, thanks everyone for their help, this is a great community and i am very impressed of this kind of help, and awesome people here, like i said ill leave at the end of the year 2010, but if i cant find a decent price to ship my car, ill have to sell it, hate to do it, but is what it is, maybe ill back in a couple years but i wil be in touch.

if i do ship it, it will be awesome, planning to run a well know rally in south america called Caminos del Inca in Peru, which they run around my country, thru the coast, mountain, including asphalt and open roads.

see what happens.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
A fews years ago I read about old cars (between the wars 1920s and 30s) being sent to Peru for restoration. There are companies that specialize in putting cars into containers for shipment, no idea how much it would be. Or you could do a long road trip, with a ferry between Panama and Columbia - oops, see it no longer exists and it costs US$800-1100 to ship from Colon, Panama to Cartagena, Columbia.

You should also check with the Peruvian embassy about the rules on importing cars (commercial section of the embassy). You probably have to arrange in advance.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if thats the case im willing to spend around $1500 to ship it, we used to import a lot of used cars from japan, but they closed that, i will try to take it as an historic car, or if thats the weird case, take it as a competition vehicle, yeah sounds weird or strange but believe me with money over there u can import whatever, i am sorry to say that but corruption is there is not what you are taking is just how much money i have to throw them to let teh car out of aduanas.

and yes there is a guy over there, i guess his last name is Nicolini, he is like the jay leno in peru, he also has a car museum and he used to race around the country, will contact him and my embassy too. thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts