Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not many 5sp L's to begin with and few surviving in this kind of condition.

Phil

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
never seen that radio before...

·
Founding Member
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it doesn't look right, but it is a Toyota radio. Makes me wonder if it came out of another Toyota from the same period. Minor deduction. Still overall looks like a nice Supra.

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
Its either from an early Mk3 or from a Celica GTS FWD 86-88

·
Registered
88 Posts
You are probably right AJ.
That radio looks exactly like the one that was in my 87' MKIII a loooong time ago.

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
Very similar to the radio setup in the '86 Celica GTS which was my wife's 1st new car ever...that was a long time ago...I still get in trouble for selling that car and she got a '91 Crapavan next...

·
Founding Member
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very similar to the radio setup in the '86 Celica GTS which was my wife's 1st new car ever...that was a long time ago...I still get in trouble for selling that car and she got a '91 Crapavan next...
My mom loved her 89 Crapyvan. Of course I was grown by then, but she was running a business making custom draperies and upholstery. For delivery and installation, some of the draperies were long so she had a full-sized extended length Dodge B-series van. But she hated driving that huge van even for small stuff so when her 83 Oldsmobile gave up the ghost for the fifteenth time, she bought a new minivan, complete with fake wood sides and everything. If I remember right, it had a Mitsubishi v6 engine in it, part of Chrysler's deal for captive imports in the 80s. I think she put like 160K miles on it and then sold it cheap in the early 2000s.

I did some installations and deliveries for her evenings and weekends up until she retired in 96 but I preferred the big van. 360 cubes and people would get out of my way when they saw me coming, obviously worried that I was going too fast and couldn't stop. ;) I kind of miss that B-series, now that you got me thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
7,597 Posts
Phil D great story I'd prefer the 360 as well!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like they've also got a really clean '84 Celica and '87 Supra coming up as well, all from the same collection. Curious to see what they all go for, being No Reserve and being at that auction which is primarily American classic/muscle cars. Auction is just down the road from me, might need to see if I know anyone going. You never know when you can scoop up an auction car for cheap...

·
Founding Member
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely. If I was anywhere nearby I'd go. Not like I need another Supra though, had plenty of them. Anyone spots a Starion ESI-R or Conquest TSI in like condition tho, let me know. That I would travel for.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was watching the 82 L type today. The miles was not stated in the description but based on the pictures it looks like a low mileage survivor. More than that it was part of a car collection. Pretty good price in my opinion. I prefer a P-type in years 83+.

Yeah trucks in general are going crazy. The FJs are really up there now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts