Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you all think has the nicest wheels?

I think Malloy's are the best, tho Silvermk2 is a close second.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
gimme a month and I may have something a little different that might make me a new contender :D

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Bob,

I think it's a 4-way tie here.

Malloy & his Simmons OM's.

Silvermk2 (Aaron Ingles) and his Epsilons, especially if you want the REAL authentic old school 80's look. 8)

GRAZOR (James Razor) and his Racing Hart C2's. New school look with that custom offset (can't get RH C2's w/ a zero offset off the shelf here in the US, he had to custom order them from Japan just for that zero offset, and it was a ~4 - 6 month wait). See below for picture.

http://www.angelfire.com/me3/ic2/images/Toyota_Supra_115.jpg

Uhmmm..... :shock: ANYBODY w/ the Compomotive CXN's (Myself, Phil Dupler, Bob Sully, Archie Bowles & I "think" Jim King. Can't remember who else bought them). New school rims, with that old school look.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh..thats right! I forgot about the Compomotives... Those are deinfately sweet too.

and while I agree GRAZOR's rims are nice, they are a little too open for my personal tastes..but thats just me. I think we don't have enough caliper to fill in behind it and look good. Just my opinion tho ;)

Sadly, unless someone is selling a set of rims uber cheap, I think I am just gonna get my stockers powder coated gunmetal and call it good enough for now...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Oh..thats right! I forgot about the Compomotives... Those are deinfately sweet too.

and while I agree GRAZOR's rims are nice, they are a little too open for my personal tastes..but thats just me. I think we don't have enough caliper to fill in behind it and look good. Just my opinion tho ;)
I think Jim's BBK should fix that 8)

I'm waiting for my front and rear kits to arrive. :D

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
dang all those cars have the best looking rims
i would have to say a four way tie also :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
For stock wheels, I'd say dean anderson's are way up there, with the time he spent on them it shows.

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
Don't forget Don Cs HREs or Ophirs Forgelines. My vote for best stock wheels goes to Don Lew. The reason, he now has my old polished stockers. Here is an old photo of them; http://www.pbase.com/image/14292874

Don also wins the most wheels award for sure :) . Eventually I'm going to be getting a new set. I've always loved the HRE 540s, but I've been starting to eyeball the Fikse FM/5 and HRE 545 also. I want to get a wheel that fits the BBK without a spacer eventually.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
With all due respect, I had 2 sets of mirror polished stock wheels. 1 with the machine lines, 1 without. They are pretty common ;)

I love the FM5, but I really can not see it on a mk2. I have yet to see a 5spoke wheel on a mk2 that made me stop and admire. On the other hand, I bet the 540R would look phenominal. :shock:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Ah yes... the BBK's. Eventually. That and an exhaust. And doing something with my very stock engine bay.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Hey Mike, my 5 spoke Hayshis should do the trick....

http://www.pbase.com/image/4691357

You have to see them in person to truely appreciate them Not the biggest lip in the world but the 15x8 rears have a little bigger lip. Gorgeous rims and the style totaly suits the mk2. I'll have these mounted on my 85 with Dunlop 245/50-15 SP8000s in a month or so. These are my show and autox rims, wait till you see my new around town beater rims :wink:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I should have something new to show very soon. We are placing our Braid order next week. Should look awesome with the BBK and Wilwood calipers. By the way, there will be a custom mk2 surprise on the wheels.

How the heck do you guys post pics. I am trying to copy in the pic of my new wheel but can't seem to do it.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Just so you guys know... I was on the fence about selling my car. All this rediscovered enthusiasm is sucking me back in.....................

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Malloy said:
With all due respect, I had 2 sets of mirror polished stock wheels. 1 with the machine lines, 1 without. They are pretty common ;)

I love the FM5, but I really can not see it on a mk2. I have yet to see a 5spoke wheel on a mk2 that made me stop and admire. On the other hand, I bet the 540R would look phenominal. :shock:
The only problem with HREs is that they're way too heavy from what I've read.

You can get a similar wheel (the FM/10) to the 540R from Fikse and have a nice, lighter wheel. :) JMO.

They're both expensive as hell. :)

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Dunno wtf I was on earlier, but I totally forgot the FM10. THAT is one of 2 best wheels of all time in my book ;)

HREs are heavy...but lets face it...95% of cars you see with aftermarket wheels, 100hp or 900hp really arent raced...they are street cruisers, and bragging rights. The extra 5lbs at each corner wont really have any real world effect.

Also, people with pretty Fikse wheels typically take them off for more race wheels like CCW etc. So, are they race wheels? hehe

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
True. True. The only people who I can see that would run Fikse's for race are sponsored up the wazoo.

RE: bling -- again true. I suspect the most you'd be running for race would be 17s... dunno.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Best looking 5-spoke wheels I've seen on a MkII have to be the HREs on Don Culbertson's car. Sweet.

·
Super Moderator
8,352 Posts
Malloy said:
The only thing I worry about on the 540 is that the style is too "new" for the Mk2, I love the 540 style wheel though. I think a fairly simple 5 spoke would look really good on a Mk2. The problem with most I've seen on Mk2s are that the spoke pattern is flat. I think that the HRE 545 would look great and I have the brakes to fill them;

I generally haven't cared much for Fikse wheels I've seen, they are pretty popular with the Vette guys around here. I do think the FM5 would look sharp on my silver Mk2. The aren't a very flashy wheel, but neither is the car.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts