Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Funny, I had new BFG's put on my '85 last week and even after I told the guy it was a Toyota Supra, he wrote down 'Nissan Supra' on the work order. I couldn't help myself, I made him change it. :duh:

·
Banned
137 Posts
DUUUUDE... I hate that.. I get Nissan Supra aaaallll the time.. and when I had my 88 300zx people would mistake it for an 80s model vette... WHY? I dunno..

·
Registered
137 Posts
i asked the seller a question and i quote "If this part is for a Nissan Supra (which no such car was ever made) why does it say Toyota Supra on it?" i'll post his response if i ever get one!

eBay sent this message to Keith Mack (vic_ferrari2002).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

This member has a question for you.

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear old-route-66-usa-flag,

If this part is for a Nissan Supra (which there is no such car) why does it say Toyota Supra on it?

- vic_ferrari2002

1986-87 NISSAN SUPRA REAR END MOLDING WITH NAME, RIGHT
Item Id: 390018050410
End time: Mar-12-10 15:12:40 PST
Buyer:
vic_ferrari2002 (9)
0.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Feb-01-05 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Marketplace Safety Tip
Keep your money safe - never pay for items with cash or instant money transfer services, such as Western Union or MoneyGram. In the past some sellers have exploited these payment methods in order to defraud buyers, so eBay has banned them from the site.
Received a Second Chance Offer email? Double check that it's genuine: Second Chance Offer emails come directly from eBay and are shown in your My Messages.
Trade safely. Beware of anyone who contacts you about buying or selling outside of eBay. When you trade outside of eBay, you're not able to leave feedback or take advantage of protection programs and case resolution tools available on eBay. Report an inappropriate email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn More to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails.

Another eBay member sent this email to [email protected] through the eBay platform. eBay takes no liability for the sending of this email or its content

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

You can report this message as unsolicited (spam/spoof) email.

Copyright © 2009 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Inc. is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Man, you think that's bad -- try having people ask you if your Mk1 MR2 is a Fiero. I usually just yell at them, "Get out of my garage, right now, and don't come back!" You should see the looks on their faces...

As far as the 'Nissan Supra' part, probably just an honest mistake on seller's part. Not sure why you'd described it that way when it clearly says 'Toyota' on the part. Probably selling so many parts and whatnot that he rushed through, clicked Nissan on the ebay seller forms, but wasn't looking at the part or the photo of the part while he wrote the brief description for the ad.

It's easy selling one part at a time on ebay, but when you are selling multiple parts you really do have to start managing the process -- and mistakes can and do get made.

Anyways, that's my 'theory.'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts