Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

No kill zone

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  glntom 
#1 ·
:( :( My area has become a no kill zone, everyone knows my supra(84,5mge), and too many have tried and lost. Have to look forward to summer and tourists...............

#3 ·
:) My favorite has to be the late model lowered trucks, they always think that they can: 1) run hard 2)handle 3)look good doing it. Unfortunately they can usually manage 0 of 3.
Our roads are fairly crooked, one 3/4 mile straight ends with a sweeping 90 degree turn with banking to the INSIDE. Its always fun to pass one of these trucks at that point and accelerate through the curve.

#4 ·
The same thing happened to me after last summers adventures with a few eclipses. Word apparently got around among the Mitsu owners to leave that white Supra alone,... Hehe.
A VR4 3000 GT was the last to try. The B/F was driving when we walked him from about 55 on the freeway.
I have since moved north about 60 miles so I have a whole new crop of victims to work on :D.
Gotta love the sleeper MkII 6M dontcha?
Jamie

#6 ·
:wink: It has been pointed out to me that expecting these lowered trucks to run or handle is not fair considering the 500 lb. of speakers they all carry.................

#7 ·
But didn't you know that putting a spoiler on the end of the bed makes it fast? :wink:
I just love it when they try it with old 4-banger trucks... my roomate had a friend from high school who was seriously into 80's Toyotas (22R powered trucks), and thought they were the shit with intake and exhaust work... never did get to prove my point about how the Supra could take it (he wrecked 2 of them in a couple months, so I don't really like the thought of running next to him in a race)

#10 ·
the 88 Celicas were weak, they didn't have the 22RE and were front wheel drive. The 85 celicas were the last year they looked like the supras and were rear driven. I'd like to race a mkII supra as my car is mostly stock, with a new exhaust (the old one was rusting through) and a hole in the intake box. I know I have less power but my car also weighs about 300lbs less and everything else is identical. The supra will probably win but it would be fun whatever happens.

#11 ·
Fresh meat in the no kill zone

:D Every year this time post high school graduation there is a fresh crop of "fast" new cars. Today was my day off and I was doing some parts running for my dirt track firebird(355cid,powerglide, spooled 12bolt gm).
In my running back and forth I incountered not one, but 2 new mustangs.
Both were on open highway. The first I blew by in third, caught fourth,and walked off from(probably a v-6). The second was a V8, and the poor guy driving tried to keep up as I passed him, had to run up to 6000 in third, and fourth to get by him, then walked off from him in fifth, maybe after he learns to drive it he can keep up.
:mad: On the down side, everything but the wrecker passed my firebird at the track tonight, small block chevys don't like to keep belts on over 6000rpm.....
At least I had some fun in the supra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.