Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts

·
POTATO
17,207 Posts
Beautiful car! You cant even tell there was ever any damage there! Did you replace the whiskers? if so, where did you get them?
They are still available new from Toyota, but you will pay a good amount of money for them.

Looks great Wade. About time you fixed that mess :)

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I stuffed the front of that car twice in the late 1980s while in highschool. I hid it with a LaBra for years till 2004 when a truck backed into it. THoover, the headlight whiskers are from the donor front end and which I consider terrible shape. The originals are somewhere lost in the move!
Fatpanda, not sure if buyers remorse or too old to relearn another engine either-way, I'm still missing the 7m lol.
tstefan thanks! It's the result of stopping drinking, starting mega OT and having no life..
T, Billy, DrJim, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
Nice! About fricken time :p

So is this thread really about the new front end or is it really a 2jz coming out party? :p

So idle hands or did the ol 7m suffer a failure?

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! About fricken time :p

So is this thread really about the new front end or is it really a 2jz coming out party? :p

So idle hands or did the ol 7m suffer a failure?
Believe it or not, the 2jz was swapped spring 2015. It still has issues and I have little time to address them ATM. The old 7m still ran fine, except the wastegate tube from the adapter had a crack which explains the boost rolling off. Also, had been using race gas for years to safely maintain the boost levels I ran. A few times the ratio got lean and perhaps hurt the motor - noticed a burning aluminum smell just like 2001 when it dropped a ringland from my stupidity. At the end, oil cap off was puffing a put with blow by, so it was time. :) Having seen the 2jz wire harness guy hack things up, I have a new appreciation for the Don/Nix99 7m kit. But that's another can of worms.. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
WOW, WadeT, your car looks AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!! :dj_smiley
Hey I have a question for you -- mine is the exact same color and I already bought the red paint and am fixing to paint it, but I noticed your black front bumper parts are shiny. Is this original? I'd like to paint mine correct to stock, and I don't know how they came from the factory - gloss black? semi-gloss? etc.? Yours look great. I'm such a bone-stocker that I want original, and your post just now made me realize that I don't know what type of black paint to use!!! DOH!:duh:

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I believe it. Pretty sure I haven't seen you at a meet since one of the last Chimp ones where we went on that crazy cruise.
We do fun-runs or "cruises" better than anyone! ;)

Thanks, Mike and Kelvin!!

WOW, WadeT, your car looks AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!! :dj_smiley
Hey I have a question for you -- mine is the exact same color and I already bought the red paint and am fixing to paint it, but I noticed your black front bumper parts are shiny. Is this original? I'd like to paint mine correct to stock, and I don't know how they came from the factory - gloss black? semi-gloss? etc.? Yours look great. I'm such a bone-stocker that I want original, and your post just now made me realize that I don't know what type of black paint to use!!! DOH!:duh:
Many thanks SupraScooby!! The bumper stock is more satin type of a finish - not the high gloss you see.;) I attempted to look for old pics to scan but no luck. IIRC, the old man took lots of pics back in 85-86 but I probably missed placed them in the move. There should have some stock survivors here who can post pics. :)

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
I'll take a guess that Wade used "Bumper Paint" that is flexible in a semi-gloss black color.
It IS a bit different that normal body paint.

My Supra was booted across an intersection by an overloaded S-10 last year. NO DAMAGE at all.
My brakes were WAY better than his. 30 MPH to zero in 20 feet.

That guy said "OH,shit",just B-4 he smacked me. I was fine.Car was fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts