Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 84 model Celica Supra. And after driving it for two weeks the engine died while driving, and it didn't want to start again.

I have removed the no 1 spark plug, and cranked the engine, and the plug is not making any sparks. (Fitted new plugs) I have tested the EFI relay, and it seems okay.

Can it possibly be the ECU?? is there any way to test it? Can it be the coil or igniter? How do I test them??

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked the Distributor cap, and rotor, they seem OK. I did not check any of the other spark plugs. I asumed that all of them are dead, or else the engine would still start. (If only one plug was dead)

Any other suggestions??? :? :?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't checked the timing belt, will do it tomorrow. How do I check the ECU for trouble codes???

I do not know a lot about Fuel injection systems so please don't laugh If I ask silly questions :oops:

Does the ECU control the ignitor in any way, and how do I check if the ignitor is faulty or not?? :? How can I make sure that the ECU is still OK?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.