Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well now that my car is FINALLY running :D (wrong AFM) :D ive got no throttle response, i think some of the vacuum tubes could be wrong, does anybody have a diagram of the tubes (i didnt take it apart, so it hard to know what they looked like), any other ideas?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW its an 83, and by no throttle response i mean press on the throttle and it VERY slowly revs (and i mean slow)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the idle is as smooth and the timing as close as i can get it

·
Registered
209 Posts
What tube routings are you after? My 83' is stock, and I believe that all the vacuum lines are in their original positions. Let me know which ones you need and I will see if I can help you out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well what about that smaller nipple on the right of the throttle body under the large nipple that goes to the head? (hehe i said nipple, twice :lol: ) and there is a three way plastic connector that is in a tube that runs off the speed control actuator that i have no where for it to go

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can you see the throttle body tube in this pic? :

(Picture removed)

I will see if I can look at my car tomorrow and get a routing for you as far as the speed actuator goes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah its the second nipple on the right from the top but where does it go i cant see in that picture, thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you mean this connection (highlighted):

(picture removed)

then I think that is a throttle body coolant passge hose. I could be wrong about that, but either way, I will take a look at mine this evening and see where it goes. I will also take a look at the 3 way tube on the speed control actuator (if I can find it! :) ). I will report back tonight.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yeah, that is a coolant hose. As for where it goes....I think back into the head via the intake.....I think.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
That is a really strange looking intake. The EGR bolts on the back instead of the side. The brake booseter vacum line is on the side instead of the top. Where was this car sold? Seems pretty strange to me.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
That is a really strange looking intake
Thats the standard early 5M intake with the round runner. Easy to tell them apart on the outside becuase the valve mounts on the back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no that wasnt the one i was talking about, it under the hose that same side to the right of that one and left of the EGR valve, the nipple is on the inside of the intake, thanks for the help

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have some other pics that may help you. I will see if I can post them tomorrow. I did check on the 3 way plastic connector, and the only one of thos I could find was connected to the metal vacuum tube assembly on the back side of the intake plenum, to the EGR valave and to the other little round item in the pic I posted above. I will see if I can borrow my friends digi cam and get you hooked up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok ill try to get some pictures too i suck at trying to explain stuff :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I will be picking up my friends digi cam this weekend, so I should be able to get all the pics you need. I will report back with the first batch of photos.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nevermind didnt work :(

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry for taking so long. I am picking up the camera this evening, and I will try to get a couple of shots tonight.

Again, sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK,

I have the camera. I took the pictures last night. I brought the camera to the office. BUT, I forgot the USB cable. Can you tell I'm not a morning person? I will try to get it over lunch and have some pics up for you this afternoon.

I am also going to remove the other pics since they didn't help and are slowing page load times for the modem folks out there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts