Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
hahahahahahaha..oh wait he found em.. hahahahaha. js jk man glad you found em. :)
Well,2 screws that were hidden? Sorry to make so much fun of this. You need a better flashlight,sir.
get a AA mini Mag Light and upgrade to the kick-ass LED upgrade : "Google this: TLE-5EX.Looks like sex..
140 lumen LED for an AA Mag light. I have FIVE if these. I got mime off of Ebay for $20.Shipped.
Lowe's and Home Depot may have Mini mags on Christmas blow out sale for $7.77 each,during the last silly season sale.Toss the bulbs and get the upgrade. Better work come with SEEING what you are working on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I get mini led flashlights at the Harbor Freight Outlet at two for $3. 9 LEDs and three AAA batteries. They work just as well as the more expensive ones. We will see how long they last.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
I get mini led flashlights at the Harbor Freight Outlet at two for $3. 9 LEDs and three AAA batteries. They work just as well as the more expensive ones. We will see how long they last.
Great deal but they have kinda blue light. I DO Harbor Freight. Some stuff they sell are great values,totally. Cheaper than E Bay.:duh:

·
Registered
198 Posts
here was mine with the scion stereo system, mp3 wma cd multicolor of backlights, i installed it in 07 when i owned that mk2 supra. love the car. you can see scion sport pedals on the mk2... just pull the rubbers off, slap that on. OEM fitment.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
WOW! That's a lot cooler than my 2001 Camry radio!
Brad is the man ;it's in my '84 Supra and all the speakers work.
What year Scion is that radio and was it difficult to figure out the wiring?
Very clean install,sir.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Very clean install, indeed! would like a better shot of the pedals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking to do something similar, except a jdm satnav unit from an old nissan - whats the pin layout of the standard headunit? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
wow, I was wondering what one of these would look like on my car (same interior as yours) I guess I don't have to anymore... what was the wiring involved to do a conversion to one of these? did you need to cut the Scion wiring to match the plug on the back??

here was mine with the scion stereo system, mp3 wma cd multicolor of backlights, i installed it in 07 when i owned that mk2 supra. love the car. you can see scion sport pedals on the mk2... just pull the rubbers off, slap that on. OEM fitment.
BTW my setup came up pretty good, Clarion CX609

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
See page 10 for a look at an '01 Camry radio.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
Hey peeps, I haven't logged in in quite some time, and as I mentioned in the thread, for some reason I don't get most emails from the forum whenever someone PM's me or posts a question here, I have no idea. I have cleaned out the PM's and answered ppl, and apologize if anyone thinks I ignored them.

As far as this Scion setup, I think it's great that people are taking the initiative to upgrade and stay newer stock. I mean absolutely no disrespect to the poster, but I wouldn't exactly call this a 'clean install' as others have. IMO, it must look like it fits, and belongs there, and if you look at the pic, the surround appears butchered and the stereo seems like it was forced to fit, off kilter kinda. That unit is NOT a std double DIN face, it's oversize.

I haven't experimented with the Scion units, but IMO if they won't fit better than that, I'd pass.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
He may have been the first one to try this. Call it version one. Great idea to install a later unit. WWWAAAYYYY better that the stock P.O.S! Yes,he had some trouble getting it to look factory,Brad. My 2001 Camry unit is going strong! YOU are the man!:salute:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm looking to do this in my Celica. Most of the units I'm looking at on eBay are model #s 56814. I know some of the previous posts here say to get models 16813. They look the same, the plugs look the same.. any reason why one of those wouldn't work?

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK, I re-read everything and it looks like the 56-models should work. I may run into to more questions as I move on. My original wiring harness was hacked up so I'm trying to connect the original wires to the "new" 10/6 harness.

·
Registered
198 Posts
yes... it fit in but the you have to shave the bezel a little. if i know how to do a customer surrounding, it would look a lot better. cuz all newer toyota/scion radio units are wider now. still fit with brackets but the radio faces are wider. the supra now belong to ABQmk2. Pedals come scion xa, xb, tc oem accessary. about wiring, i went to local junk yards and cut the connectors on new toyota. i checked the pinouts and color codes, they are similar. toyota do a good job on the wiring color code. they don't change alot.

ndt

·
Registered
224 Posts
pulled my radio from a first gen Avalon. just finished working out the wiring. This setup runs a small sub from the rear deck of the avalon. when i get the box built and everything installed I'll post up some picks and opinions on its performance.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
pulled my radio from a first gen Avalon. just finished working out the wiring. This setup runs a small sub from the rear deck of the Avalon. when I get the box built and everything installed I'll post up some picks and opinions on its performance.
YESSSSS! We all wanna see it.What year Avalon? Post pix during the install,please. I always forget to do so.:32:

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
181 - 200 of 226 Posts