Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

NorCal Supra MK2 Rally - Saturday, June 9. Starts in Livermore, CA

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  sowsley 
#1 ·
Hey Mark II Supra Guys!

Long time, no see.� Time to have a Mark II Supra Rally like out most successful one in 2013 which started in Livermore.

Here's the program:
Saturday, 9 June 2018
Time:� 10:00 AM - Kickin' Tires
Place:� North First Street, Livermore, just off Highway 580
Exact place and directions to come.
11:00 AM - Off on the tour.� We'll head out Mines Road to the Junction Restaurant at del Puerto Canyon Road (Highway 130) and back; or, if enough interest take Highway 130 over to Patterson (Highway 5)

Need a RSVP.� Who is interested in this rally?� RSVP to spoker@sbcglobal.net and cc: sowsley@pacbell.net (me) , and if there is enough interest we'll get it going.

And Note: Supras In Vegas is on again. Let's get some Mark IIs over there.� Here is the link with all the details:� https://www.suprasinvegas.org/

Supra Derek

11:00 AM off on the tour � You�ll get a Route Sheet at the Start.� We'll head out Mines Road to the restaurant and come back.� RAIN CANCELS.

PS - I don't log in and sort of live here like I used to, so instead of sending msgs to my full inbox here at the forum, please e-mail me at sowsley@pacbell.net or spoker@SBCglobal.net. We have several confirmed attendees - please spread the word and let's have some fun! SPoker is the organizer and brains behind this. We've had several successful rally's in years past, so I'm hoping for a repeat. A lot of cars have changed hands, so our mailing list is getting old. Stay in touch and feel free to contact me or Spoker (Derek) if you are in NorCal and have a MK2, or know someone who does that we may not know of yet.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's kind of sad that the forum is so quiet these days. I've been guilty of it too. Some activity on Facebook, but it's mostly fluff and photos. The last tour we announced on this forum attracted a lot more attention. We are down to 5 cars saying yes, all from the e-mail list we created from past events and some word of mouth, nothing but crickets coming from the CS.com forum. The tour is still on, but Derek has stated that he is opening the tour to any Japanese car, and I'm sure the preference is vintage, but feel free to contact him (or me) at the e-mail addresses listed above if you are driving something else and want to participate. When I was restoring my Supra, this forum was invaluable. It never would have come together had I relied on what Facebook has to offer. Cheers everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.