Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I don't get around here much anymore. I boxed up a set of the USDM lenses last night and was posting here to say I will get them in the mail to you this morning. I don't have any more of the euro style sitting around loose anymore - they'e all either mounted on my cars now or sold to others (I bought a bunch of the euro style from Klearz back when he had his run).
Since Kit (eightysixxmkll) has offered to supply a set of euro style I think that would be great. I actually prefer the euro style myself (that's why I had the usdm style just gathering dust on the shelf). I will still send the usdm set but I vote that you take Kit up on his offer for the euro style.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
but whats the difference in the euro lenses ?
Just the 'bump' on the side is the only difference in the lens BUT if you have the complete turnsignal assembly the euro does not have the second light bulb on the side like the USDM.
Toyota started putting the wraparound front turnsignal on the Supra in '84 to conform to the newer US safety standards requiring better visibility of turnsignals from side angles. So Toyota came up with the wraparound which added a socket for another small bulb on the side. Whereas in Europe they were already putting separate small signallights on the front fenders making it redundant if they added another bulb in the wraparound.so they just put a 'bump' on the side of the new wraparound assembly instead which reflects lights pointed at it for visibility purposes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry for the late response. I don't get around here much anymore. I boxed up a set of the USDM lenses last night and was posting here to say I will get them in the mail to you this morning. I don't have any more of the euro style sitting around loose anymore - they'e all either mounted on my cars now or sold to others (I bought a bunch of the euro style from Klearz back when he had his run).
Since Kit (eightysixxmkll) has offered to supply a set of euro style I think that would be great. I actually prefer the euro style myself (that's why I had the usdm style just gathering dust on the shelf). I will still send the usdm set but I vote that you take Kit up on his offer for the euro style.
I will discuss with eightysixxmkll those do look pretty cool, Do you have a pic of the rear housing I would like to see what is different on the euros being only single bulb,

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Almost identical but on the euro housing where the side light socket would be it's just a circular solid plastic plug molded into the housing to seal it up.
Years ago, before Klearz came along, I traded with a German Supra owner a set of USDM front turnsignals, side mirrors, and and rear side markers for the euro turnsignals, mirrors, and rear side vents. I then used a hole saw to drill out the plastic plug from the housing and put a socket in for the other light.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes,

Yes, those in clear, Amber, smoked, yellow etc. I can supply a set for a mold if it isn't a problem.
Almost identical but on the euro housing where the side light socket would be it's just a circular solid plastic plug molded into the housing to seal it up.
Years ago, before Klearz came along, I traded with a German Supra owner a set of USDM front turnsignals, side mirrors, and and rear side markers for the euro turnsignals, mirrors, and rear side vents. I then used a hole saw to drill out the plastic plug from the housing and put a socket in for the other light.
So the turnsignals and and rear side vents are different in Europe but with regards to the mirrors whats different about them?

, .

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok guys I can proceed with things as long as we have enough interest, As i just got confirmaton that we can 100% get everything done, we need 20 ppl minimum for each set we produce,

I would require 40%, I will need to put in extra but that's no big deal as i figure ppl putting 40% down are serious and wont have me go through the trouble of having a set made then backing out, Cost will be $100 per set + shipping and those interested are going the need to cover the paypal fees, or maybe do friends and family thing up to you,

colors available are
clear
yellow tint
smoked tint

So do you guys want to start with the regular USDM or Euro style? regardless each style will require 20 units minimum and I will require a good set of originals,

I will send a message to everyone who has expressed interest, Feel free to ask any questions or contact me directly,

Also should we make a thread or something were we list everyone who is getting a set? And if yes what section is best? i will wait to hear ppls thoughts. I will see also what the cut off date will be for ppl to order and advise.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
So the turnsignals and and rear side vents are different in Europe but with regards to the mirrors whats different about them?
Euros are shaped different (rectangular) and manually adjustable instead of motorized

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'll take a couple euro lenses! More interested in those, rather than USDM, but at this point, I'm down for whatever.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
PM sent...Thanks I'm in for 1 set smoked and 1 set yellow...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about this! I would definitely be in for a set of clear+smoked, with shipping to Norway. Both euro/JDM or USDM is of interest, with no big preference for either. PM sent!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks for letting me know about this! I would definitely be in for a set of clear+smoked, with shipping to Norway. Both euro/JDM or USDM is of interest, with no big preference for either. PM sent!
put you on the list and replied, Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Might be interested in a set of Amber\oem style ones if you end up doing those. Euro or US.

But dude, if you work in plastics and can do stuff like this, for the love of god man, make us DASH VENTS! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Might be interested in a set of Amber\oem style ones if you end up doing those. Euro or US.

But dude, if you work in plastics and can do stuff like this, for the love of god man, make us DASH VENTS! :)
the amber lenses im worried might not match 100% to the OEM color that's why I didn't put them on the list, The vents could maybe be done but how much interest? As with those matching the factory OEM pantone colors might also be hard, given the plastic of old is not like the plastic of new in terms of how things are formulated, colors can be close but hard to be exact and to do that we would need large numbers, given interest I think we could do them in black but ppl would need to paint them blue or red,

21 - 40 of 43 Posts