Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m not sure what to do. I have a 1985 supra and i 'm not sure to rebuild it to the original state, or put a 350 chevy i have in the garage or put a rotary engine. I'm not a fan of keeping anything original. :woot: :dead hors

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't put in a rotary engine, may be smaller and maybe rev higher, but no low end grunt (torque).

·
Founding Member
6,299 Posts
Consider the cosmetics and if there is any rust. If the car is generally worn out interior and exterior trim in bad shape, then it will cost a small Kuwaiti oil millionaires fortune to restore it. In that case, the car is not worth much as is and it wouldn't bother anyone for you to do whatever you want to it. If the car is in above average to mint condition, then it is worth something to a collector as original. If there is a considerable amount of rust, then do whatever you want, but realize if there is a whole lot of rust, your corpse is likely to disappear in the cloud of red dust if you have an accident at high speed.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Easy zank, one time you were too so take it easy, but im not a big fan of 350 chevys so i would go with some thing foreign. but not the rotory. good luck and welcome

i think this is my 300 post!!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
why are you guys always ripping on me? jesus, i mean, i'm only 14, and what are you guys, like 20s and 30s? i don't know that much about cars, but i'm learning. you guys have to admit, though, 2jz mkii's are sweet.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Well you should, you're like the plague that infected supraforums....no offense, but little kids and even some bigger ones always talk about doing stuff or trying to give information that is wrong. If you would take the time and learn before speaking we would respect you more, but a bunch of would this fit....can my car beat this....questions raise suspect and therefore call for bashing.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I was new here about two years ago. Hopefully I was never a stupid newbie though.

Anyway, about the 350 chevy engine... Get a welder because you'll be fabricating some stuff :) You want to think about your exhaust piping, transmission mounting, engine mounting, and a lot of other things first. You'll need a second car for a custom project like the one you're contemplating.

-Dave

P.S. If you talk the talk you gotta walk the walk. Example: "I'm going to put a Twin Charged 3UZFE motor in my car!"... You better be halfway done and post pictures before you say something like that. Otherwise we will all laugh at you.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
trdmkii said:
Well you should, you're like the plague that infected supraforums....no offense, but little kids and even some bigger ones always talk about doing stuff or trying to give information that is wrong. If you would take the time and learn before speaking we would respect you more, but a bunch of would this fit....can my car beat this....questions raise suspect and therefore call for bashing.
well said Guido

trdmkii said:
you were saved because of agatha....you lucky little shit....lol
:zzzzz:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
ok, i think i've got it. don't speak unless i know what i'm talking about. i ask a lot of questions, and make a lot of mistakes because i'm learning . al of you guys know a ton more about these cars than me. i'm trying to learn, but everytime i post something a little off, people always act like asses to me. i'll try to watch what i post from now on.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Alex,and whoever else applies...............

A very large reason for flaming newbies that haven't done enough research,is...........we KNOW you haven't looked very hard.Guys bitch about having to use search.......BITE ME !!!! Back in the day........before most of you were born it sounds like...........WE actualy had to READ,and BUY,thinkgs called BOOKS......what a concept.Library didn't carrry much on modding cars,so we had to buy Hotrod and the like,get any Peterson Publishing book we could afford,etc.Only other options were try it anyway,or hopefully you had a buddy's dad that modded cars,or raced.....hell anyone who even new a little was a resource.
Now,we have the internet,98 % of ALL questions can be answered for little or no $$$ on your part,and a hell of a lot less time than it took us older guys.Yet,I still hear guys WHINE,when they don't get a straight answer.To them I say,read,go BUY books,and learn.If you can afford the damn car,you can afford to learn about it,then ask SPECIFIC questions.Best of all,you'll have a lot less q's,and actualy be helpful to the next guy/generation.

End Thread Jack :p

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
trdmkii said:
you were saved because of agatha....you lucky little shit....lol
Better for the parents and myself to buy her and take care of her than someone who is less involved with the forums, and with cars in general, if you ask me. I do consider myself very lucky of course. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say I was saved because of Agatha...

I intended to turn Kali into the next Agatha... I'd probably be halfway there right now because I have a spare 7MGTE in the garage on a stand. That motor on the stand has an undecided fate as of yet. I know that it wont be going into Kali now though. Kali is going to be for sale as soon as I get the hatch painted.

-Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts