Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,293 Posts
I felt the same way when I was 17 and joined the North Texas Mustang Club with my then rusty and dented ol horse. That was a few years before Al Gore had invented the internet. What Shawn says hits home. I subscribed to Mustang Monthly, got the club newsletter in the mail (actual paper, no pdfs), checked out Mustang and Ford books at the library and then still had to ask newbie questions once in a while. When I needed to know something, I'd have to POLITELY call 'Mister' Reynolds who was much older than me and president of the club to ask my "carefully worded" question, then of course 'thank' him for his time. It was a lot more embarrasing to ask newbie questions in person back then than anonymously on a web forum today. Believe me, as sorry as the search function is, you kids got it easy now. I would've 'killed' for a Mustang forum back then.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
glmomp said:
ok, i get it. i shouls read my haynes book, and learn things about the car.
The Haynes book will only tell you how to rebuild/fix stock parts, it will not show you how to mod them. It's still a good thing to start off with, atlease know how things work before you start modding them.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Zank is right on.Seriously,I have said it before,in other threads.......Read evrything you can find,even just on this forum.Then,try some of it,take the time to try minor mods,learn from that.

What kind of racing do you like ? Go to the closest track,pay attention to whats happening,see if you can find someone close to you,that could use a "shop helper".If all he wants is someone to clean up after him.......do with a smile,and do a remarkable job of it.Next thing ya know,the guys will open up,and actualy give you hands on experience.Hell,for just general knowedge,find the closest dirt track,those guys always need another pair of hands.

<-----BTDT,grew up a bock away from the Jolopy champion back in the 70's,he taught me about pushrod motors and carbs.He now calls me when he needs an FI car fixed,LMAO.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts