Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks ugly as shit with the Veilside wing.

A Celica Supra coupe would be cool though.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
The front end on the Celica is shorter from the doors to wheel wells, so a body part swap is not possible.

A six (5m,7m) can be installed though, but it is pushed forward. The ones I've seen done had no air because the rad was so far forward there was no room between the intercooler and it.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Phooey on the coupe :wink: it's gotta be a convertable.Then an 85 Supra clip and 7mgte,roll bar,etc,etc. :3gears:

·
3,283 Posts
quick said:

well, I have seen MUCH worse wings on celicas..... that in mind... it's not so bad... but, yeah, I wouldn't have put that wing on either...

Mike

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
that wing reminds me of a freakin ricer (80's Civic with body kit) roaming around my area, he has that same wing.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
if it were feasable, id love to see a supra coupe
imagine all the jokes and puns we could play on mid90s thunderbird owners... :)
supra owner- "yeah, ive got a supracoupe too"
ford sucker- "you mean supercoupe?"
supra owner- "no, ive got a good car, a supra coupe :D"

i think it could be done, but youd have to change the whole front subframe.
basically, i think, with an autobody shop, several thousand dollars, and lots of man hours, it could be done.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
it could definatly be done. And enough about the wing already! He was just linking to a picture of a coupe celica, he never said he wanted to see that wing on a celica with a supra front end :p

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
mwebber said:
quick said:

well, I have seen MUCH worse wings on celicas..... that in mind... it's not so bad... but, yeah, I wouldn't have put that wing on either...

Mike
Nice avatar change Mike.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rsdeo said:
The front end on the Celica is shorter from the doors to wheel wells, so a body part swap is not possible.

A six (5m,7m) can be installed though, but it is pushed forward. The ones I've seen done had no air because the rad was so far forward there was no room between the intercooler and it.
:?: I believe you, but that's pretty stupid. Aren't they the same frame basicly? Why change the wheelbase? (assuming that's why the dimentions are different) :?

and YES THE WING IS HIDIOUS

·
3,283 Posts
Muchbzy said:
mwebber said:
quick said:

Mike
Nice avatar change Mike.
Thanks, took the pics two weeks ago, the orginal pics are monsters. most are 2+ Megs.

I still have some of the originals on the website at www.masupras.com/mikew/

take a look if you dare... :mrgreen:

Mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
quick said:
Ask and thee shall receive.

You could modify the fenders and make them shorter and fit the front end i guess, You could even stuff an I6 into the AA61 engine bay. But you cant really get around the whole wheelbase thing without some heavy modification.

Just too much trouble to go through to achieve a look. And you're actually loosing some aerodynamics by swapping on the supras front end, since the celica had a better drag coefficient.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Norbie said:
The Supra has a bigger, longer six cylinder engine, and the wheelbase was stretched to accomodate it. What's so stupid about that?
The MKIII Celica and MKII Supra were designed at the same time, yes? Why make two cars with essentialy the same frame and give one a longer wheelbase? It just doesn't seem economical.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
because, the supra is meant to be the supersized celica.

and because you cannot fit the I6 with all the power goodies that toyota wanted to fit, in the shorter engine bay.

and because the supra looks so much better. :)

we all know, its all about the looks

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Mike

Nice ride.... cool pics on your site. Calander shots?

Everyone

There is a wheelbase difference between both cars. They were both designed at the same time. The cars are identical from the doors back. The front of each is different, shorter and longer.

The only difference in the rear was '82 Celicas had a live axle, '82 Supras had IRS. '83 was the last year the notch back Celica was offered and both cars had IRS from then on.

The best Celica notch back to get is the '83 GTS. It is the only year with IRS in notch back form.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Emohawk said:
Norbie said:
The Supra has a bigger, longer six cylinder engine, and the wheelbase was stretched to accomodate it. What's so stupid about that?
The MKIII Celica and MKII Supra were designed at the same time, yes? Why make two cars with essentialy the same frame and give one a longer wheelbase? It just doesn't seem economical.
It may not be economical but its true. Just take a look at the bottom left hand corner of this article that is in the media section of celicasupra.com. Its comparing the differences and similarities of the celica and supra models.

http://www.celicasupra.com/images/PM2_11-81.jpg[/code]

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't tell me that coupe is for real? It's gotta be photoshoped! right?
I like the side mirrors on the front fenders- like the formula one-carts style.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts