Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be any kind of noticeable change in handling from removing all four mud-flaps? I'm thinking about removing them except I am wondering if it will affect the aerodynamics in a negative way.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
and how fast do you go when your drifting? areodynamics dont realy play a part until past 100 mph

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you take the flaps off when you spin out the car may get air born and you will begin to barrel roll out of control. The SMFS (Supra Mud Flap System) is were Nascar got the idea of the roof flaps they now put on the tops of stock cars to keep them grounded when they begin to get air born at the super speedways.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
If you take the flaps off when you spin out the car may get air born and you will begin to barrel roll out of control. The SMFS (Supra Mud Flap System) is were Nascar got the idea of the roof flaps they now put on the tops of stock cars to keep them grounded when they begin to get air born at the super speedways.
:ptdr: :ugly_08:

I dont care who you are thats funny right there.....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sheesh, maybe I should say, "When going 125+ mph will taking the mudflaps off create somekind of unstableness that I shouldn't mess with?"
No, not a joke. Just a plainly retarded question. But I don't know, maybe the flaps create a break around the tires making them slightly more planted at extremely high speeds.

CELICA GTS what's cd?

1985CelicaGTS I love your answer!!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sheesh, maybe I should say, "When going 125+ mph will taking the mudflaps off create somekind of unstableness that I shouldn't mess with?"
No, not a joke. Just a plainly retarded question. But I don't know, maybe the flaps create a break around the tires making them slightly more planted at extremely high speeds.
:wtf:

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts

CELICA GTS what's cd?

1985CelicaGTS I love your answer!!!

uh, no. mudflaps are mudflaps, no more, no less. they are there for keeping tire debris off the body.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Mud flaps are serious business.

The first time my friend took the mud flaps off his Del Sol, he lost all traction and he wrecked.

I would recommend a set of 4 on all cars, for the extra down-force.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts