Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
anyone have pics of an mk2 without them? removing them doesnt seem to be something people do...

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I had to laugh at your post of this one Tanya. It just seems like a bit of a slap in the face to 1jz's reply to your black one!

LOL
lol, yeah she got me there haha :laugh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've always taken my mudflaps off, noticed a better accelaration too. that extra drag they cause sitting so low to the ground (worn suspension), and don't forget about the weight reduction as well.

sorry for not letting this thread die........ it's kinda like the lol cat, the bunny with a pancake on it's head and the how much is 20lbs for girl engrish threads some years back.........uh oh, are those threads going to be risen from the dead again too?

I need a laugh in my mundane life. I own 2 supras, none of wich run, hell one is missing its whole drivetrain. And to boot I drive a god damn geo metro............man I'm lame.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lets attempt a nearly serious analasis of the OP's question. Cars generally produce a high pressure zone in the back of the wheel well. This pressure then spills into the low pressure (also described as drag) zone behind the tires. By extending the wheel well downward, and directing more air pressure into the low pressure zone behind the tire, you should theoretically reduce drag, and aid top speed. This "pressure fill" is similar to the fill that has been proven to aid aerodynamics in pickup trucks with the tailgate closed. In that case it reduces the drag on the rear of the cab. Porsche has also used similar techniques to great effect on it's classic super car, the 959. This car directs a high pressure jet of air downward in front of the tire, to effectively split the high pressure zone in two, and direct flow around the tires. Viva la mudflap. Or should we call it the "re-directive, pressure differential, tire drag diffuser, and debris extractor". :naughty:

·
Registered
345 Posts
And Its hit 16 pages:eekfacepalm:

141 - 160 of 196 Posts