Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't take this wrong, I dream of owning a MKIV, but I think some drivers need some training. I just couldn't help but think about this funny event I saw last night and a few weeks ago :lol: Well a few weeks ago made sense when I saw a black NSX and a black MK IV next to each other at a stop light on Academy Blvd around midnight both peeling out while NSX jumps a car length ahead and wins. 8)

This I couldn't believe how funny this incedent turned out. :lol:
But last night while a abunch of us Toyofriends postup, nice views an 1 long street, well I saw this rice boy Integra GSR beat a N/A MKIV an flashin his hazards after :twisted: Obviously he so proudly beats a MKIV :shock:

Little young wanabe racer boys ego hit the ceiling and bragged about it with his Honda buddys right after. I then was proud not to be of that crowd and bunch of riced up rides. :p

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
535 Posts
Maybe the Mkiv was an automatic, and had the ebrake engaged. :rotfl:
Nahh I can see maybe the NSX win against a N/A Mkiv but not the integra.
Or he will set em up for the next race when money is involved.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do think I smelled a burnt out clutch tho :idea: Maybe the N/A'MKIV was slippin and still right next to it till about an 1/8 mile it appeared to have attempted victory. They were given each other fingers and loud words at the stoplight before the race :x Never know, could be hustlin 8)

·
Registered
790 Posts
uhhh, could be legit. A NA Mk IV isn't all that fast, and a GSR with a couple good cheap mods (CAI, Catback, weight reduction) could take a NA in light to light racing.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on that. A NA MkIV has around 230hp, correct :?: Maybe the Integra w/ the mods around 200hp, like a Type R. And incredibly lighter.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Stock auto MKIV Supras are very slowwwwwwww........ I love Supras but hate to say this but they did the quarter mile in the high 15's.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quarter miles

I remember being up at Bandemere in Denver and watchin the MK IV's average 14 second quarter miles as well as the NSX"S. But I saw a NEON run 9's on slicks :shock:

·
Registered
160 Posts
well think about this.. if you ripped everything out of the neon you could get it down to about 1600lbs I bet...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1,600lbs!!

Dang :!: 1,600 lbs. Super light, my 96 Corolla is like around 2,300 and same size as one of those :shock: Must have no seats, panels, carpet, dash, trunk stuff and maybe even some plasma cuttin :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts