Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
SupraDOHC said:
Yeah i backfire on shifts and have the black soot on my tip too but once my car warms up the exhaust smells horrible. When the car is cold it smells fine so thats why i think my o2 sensor is the problem. Also I have no cat so that may be part of my problem too :roll:
Sounds like the same problem I'm having with my car...I'm getting this horrible smell from the exhaust and the tip is quite black as well...happens when the car has warmed up. I'm getting poor mileage also... :(

Would you say it's a bad O2 sensor? I have a 5M-E engine btw.

Can you buy new 02 sensor's from Toyota, if so, how much are they and are they easy to install?

Thanx heaps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
SupraDOHC said:
My car seems to run pretty good, its just the bad gas mileage and the exhaust smell.
You have my car by the sounds of it...that's exactly how I would sum up mine...lol...If you solve the smelly exhaust + lousy mileage problem I will personally fly over to where you live and pat you on the back, for you will have saved me from an ongoing headache my friend... ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.