Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I got this one figured out but I want to be sure. I now realize that I have to eliminate the long tube on the pacesetter headers and actually get the O2 sensor into the direct flow of the exaust. what I wanted to know was that if instead of doing all the what seems to be extra cutting, what about cutting the provided bolt up part for the sensor itself, then cutting the rest of the tube off just before the bend when it comes out of the header and welding the mount onto that. Would the sensor be in the direct flow enough, I think it would be a bit easier than what it seems to be in the pics I've seen. Does this make sense or am I confusing myself.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I didn't quite understand what you meant.

For mine I just put my foot on the headers and pulled that stupid tube off. Broke down near the base (I don't recommend this, it was in my way and I got mad at it, lol) then I hammered down the edges so they were almost closed. Than had my muffler guy weld the hole shut. He cut out a hole and welded a mount for the o2 sensor on the other side of the Y where it goes to 1 pipe.

As I said in the other thread. If I could go back and do it again I'd just dump that Y pipe and have the muffler guy make a custom one that takes the 2 pipes and goes down to single 2.5in pipe instead of the stock one which is smaller. He could put the o2 sensor mount in there while he's at it also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts