Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm here in the SF bay area where despite having one of the leagues best teams over the last few seasons, the SJ Sharks are still well behind even the lowly Raiders when it comes to having solid fans around me to talk Hockey with. Ok fine, there aren't any kids growing up around here playing hockey in the winter or anything but seriously, this is the best managed sport franchise in the bay area by far.

That means the only place to talk smack is on here, so here it comes!

First off the Sharks Rock! I'm not some "fan" who jumped on once they became a perennial play-off team. I've been following them since '91-'92 when they played in the worst venue in the league, the Cow Palace. Watched them draft Pat Falloon in the lottery year and watch as an 11 year old kid as and Arturs Irbe lead Sharks team knocked out the 1st seed red wings in '94.

So, the Sharks have a solid chance this year. Sure they are on the verge of being the Atlanta Braves of the NHL and making the playoffs and losing to an underdog every year, but they have some very Solid pieces to make a run for lord Stanley.

Nabby is a rock in goal, sure his 5-whole is gaping, but even still, look at his career numbers, your not gunna find anyone in the league that is even close to attainable that is better. Bottom line.

Marleau has been the most under rated player in the league for the last 4 years or so and finally it's showing. Anyone wanting him traded after last years playoff epic fail, which is most here in the bay, eat some crow.

The #1 line is also the #1 line for team Canada, kinda crazy, crazy good.

The wings are on an off year, and so-long as they can figure out the Hawks the west is in the bag.

So who is your team, and how hard are the gunna fall to the Sharkies?!

·
Registered
434 Posts
...so this isn't about the stripe that runs down the side and up the c-pillar?

--billyM
that's the only reason I clicked on the thread we've been dooped! Lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
I do have to admit that SJ has a great team!
They are having an excellent season with a superbe 1st line-up, I wish them well in the upcoming playoffs.

I'm in the Est conference, my team is the infamous Canadiens, and boy do they make it hard on me this year! They are really unpredictable from one game to another, being awesome to worst thing ever!
Fact is that the DG liquidated the past team last summer and now we have to make-up for it. Some players showed us well, like Thomas Plekanecs with a record season of 55 points so far.
I watch just about every game and I hope they make the playoffs...but hopes are low for a good outcome. No chance in hell they will face the Sharks in finals...sad but true.

I myself play hockey twice a week and try to keep my skill level competitive enough to keep the good players in check. I play defense, measure 6'3", weight 210lbs. I'm not nhl stuff but enjoy every game I play!

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Im a penguins fan...also a avalanche fan. Have been watching the predators, but i really like the farm teams, and lower rank hockey teams. Erie otters, london knights, just aboot any ohl teams

·
Registered
732 Posts
Don't get to hear to much about the Sharks. One of the problems with us west coasts types. I'm usually sleeping before the end of the game.

I think the Sharks chances are pretty good.....except for the fact that Thornton always pulls the chute in the playoffs. The Oilers played them a few years back in the playoffs, and they put a checker on him, and he completely disappeared. Thornton and Marleau, both did jack in the last Olympic's. I'm not trying to be to harsh, but they have to find the extra gear, that separates the outstanding from the hall of famers. Watch the olympics and see how they do against the best. They will have to dominate, to prove they are indeed elite. If they make the next step expect good things in the playoffs.

As for my home team ....the Oilers the year's has been so bad, everybody is looking forward to getting some high draft pics. Feels like the three guys that were sitting in the teepee in the first major league movie. I think we are going to have a tough time next year as well. Just to many players with guaranteed contracts that have done absolutely jack, and nobody willing to take them of our hands for half price....Horcofff comes to mind, truly the most overpaid player at 5.5mil a year.

Starti'n to get geared up fpor the Olympics.....should be a good tilt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am not a huge Hockey fan but I do love my Boston Bruins! I am just so happy that Satan joined the team so I can finally buy a cool Hockey Jeresy that actually says "Satan" on the back! haha...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not a huge Hockey fan but I do love my Boston Bruins! I am just so happy that Satan joined the team so I can finally buy a cool Hockey Jeresy that actually says "Satan" on the back! haha...

The best is when he was the Captain of the Devils, couldn't have been any more perfect.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

We're having a pretty good year....

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ahhhh I just love it when the Habs beat the Bruins...like last night!
No love lost between the Bruins and Habs... we have been playing each other in playoffs for years and we usually beat them except for a fiew times... wont happen this year, Habs a too inconsistant.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

We're having a pretty good year....
Arg! Damn your Hawks! lol... Them and Detriot has the Shark's number this year. Good games between them but man, it seems that when ever the Sharks play them they come out flat and the hawk are peaking.

Got to get over that for the playoffs...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts