Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a fluidyne oil cooler, and I was just wondering what the best way to install it is. Where do I get the oil from, do I need to drill the oil pan and istall lines? If so, where do I drill it and what should I use for lines? As for mounting the unit, behind or in front of the radiator? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
If you are going turbo one day go ahead and get the oil filter relocation kit. Then it will be easier to install the cooler. I wanted one but I just don't have the room.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to turbo eventually, but Im going to get a 6m first so it is a ways off. I assume the relocator would be interchangeable from 5m and 6m?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Yep. It just goes on where the oil filter would go.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dont most cooler kits come with a relocator? I am turboing my 6m right now and want to do both so what is the first step to take? Any cheap place you know that sell a kit?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Not that I know of. We share oil filters with something else and I think Phil or Aaron know which relocator to get. Mine didn't come with an oil cooler and so far I haven't really found a good place to put one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
we share oil filters and adapters with 5.0 mustang

Muchbzy said:
Not that I know of. We share oil filters with something else and I think Phil or Aaron know which relocator to get. Mine didn't come with an oil cooler and so far I haven't really found a good place to put one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I bought an oil-filter relocation fit for a 5.0 mustang, it would be a direct bolt-on for the 82 5mge?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts