Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part number for the genuine toyota oil filter of an 84? Should be the same as other years, but I don't know them either. Can't find the number in my TSRM or owners manual. I've got one, but I'd rather not find out halfway through it's the wrong kind. This one's number is 90915-03002. I was pretty confident until I found websites that give me conflicting information.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I ended up tryung to use the filter anyhow... and it fits, screws in, and everything. It's really close to the size of the old filter (although I have not taken the tape measurer to it) and the only real difference is a tiny variation in the hole pattern. I turn the engine on, and....

It works! So, yeah, it's good. BTW, it's a genuine toyota filter, but turth be told, it's a VERY old one. It came with the car when I got it back in '96. The writing was faded off on part of the side of the box, the one with all the information I needed. But for future reference to all, you engine will NOT blow up when using filter #90915-03002. :)

As far as non-toyota filters... I'd never use 'em. Heard they were alot lower in quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.