Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to start and get a turbo kit built up and i was thinking about the extra heat being added to the motor and came up with this
how bout a oil intercooler in the front air dam in one of the inlets on either side of the intercooler im thinking the driver side; the things i am concerned with is i am wandering if the oil pump can handle pushing oil that far or is there one i can use tha pushes more oul to be able to handle the load and where would be the best place to get the pressurized oil from i think if possible this would be a great way to keep your motor lastng longer under any load but especially under turbo
hey the less heat the better right?
oh yeah mr. garney i hope you dont mind me using the pic of the front end of you car as an example pic so people can get an idea of what i am talking about
if there is no pic i screwed up

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im trying the pic again

·
Registered
153 Posts
sounds like you are just talking about an oil cooler that quite a few cars come with standard.

I don't see that you would have any problems with the oil pump, pressure might drop a bit but I can't see that it would be significant.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats pretty much what im taling about but if it helps the motor and everything run cooler than why not i think it would be great to do something like this now i just need $$$$$

·
Registered
30 Posts
a mate of mine has one on his turbo celica.
he has it posistioned so that the oil runs out of the engine, through the oil cooler, into the turbo and then back into the engine.

i cant see it being a problem with oil pressure considering its gonna be a turbo setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts