Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the middle of installing hi steer on my 87 4runner with a 5m. i havn't had a problem with the oil pan till now.

so i need to know what cars and engines came with a rear sump oil pan. pleases help:32:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Google it up man. JDM 7MGTEs from 89 to 92 should be rear sump. As for the American versions I can't remember/didn't find it concrete. Someone here knows it for sure, whether or not they'll tell you is the question haha.

Uh...motor mounts will be different ya know? The main reason when we swap 7MGTEs into our car we need to use our 5M pan and mounts...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been driving the truck for the last 6 months with the 5m in it. I am trying to upgrade my push/pull steering to crossover steering and i'm needing a rear sump pan to finish it.

just figured someone that has done a 5m/7m swap or drives a car with a rear sump pan would know. i did a 22re/5m swap and am still learning the 5m/7m

ok after searching it up on google i found that the rear sump comes on mkIII supras. what about 7m cressida's are they rear sump?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I would not any M engine oil pans I've seen rear sump. They're either front sump, or mid sump, like the 7ms. In my 1990 truck, I'll be using a 7mgte pan in my conversion. Clears the stock steering perfectly, with engine / trans, etc, all moved back exactly 5"
-Aaron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts