Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I am asking this because I'm trying to sell my Supra and this is an issue that was seen. The motor has a fresh rebuild on it and after that it would consistently had oil puddling on the exhaust manifold. I redid the cam tower seal and valve cover but it is still leaking, less now than before, but enough that someone looking at the car noticed. It really isn't much, I don't think it is even enough that would require adding oil before an oil change but is noticeable.

It looks like the oil is seeping through the exhaust manifold gasket. Do the exhaust manifold bolts go into an oil passage? It seems to be leaking along the entire length of the manifold so I am not sure what it might be. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
pix? could be alot of things. since it goes along the entire length of the manifold i would suspect the cam tower gasket. afaik the exhaust bolts do not go into any oil passages. Check the oil filter and mounting area behind it, might be pressurized oil squirting out from a pin hole in the oil filter or a bad seal to the block. Check the oil sensor near the oil filter too.

will

edit. We were finishing my friends head work on his pathfinder and had a pressurized power stearing line spring a pinhole leak. It would only squirt out when the engine was running and the wheel was cranked all the way. I saw it when we were doing the final blead of the PS fluid... I was suprised how far it shot out of that pin hole and how it could have eazely been missed and misdiagnosed. Moral... are you sure its oil? also check the pcv valve related...

·
Registered
818 Posts
i had the same problem with my power steering pressure line, though it didn't take much examination. I just took a hard left and thought my damn engine was on fire. The first time i had the car at normal temperature since removing the exhaust shield. NOT a good feeling in my stomach.

but yeah silver, just like supra toy said, be sure to check everything around there. It just so happens that everything oily is on that side of the motor.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had a leak in the high pressure hose to my power steering as well. It would drip down the length of the hose and burn off near the header when the car was hot enough. Turning the steering wheel full lock in either position had enough force to spray up and cover the underside of my hood. If it could do that, it could surely pool up on your header.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts