Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
her are some pick of a 302 powerd supra i finished it this weekend and thot i would share some pics.

the headers are close but dont hit, and the hood shuts nicely.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How's it run?
like a dream!! it is much quicker than befor and is a blast, i havent gottin to drive it much as i still need to get the tags dun. the engine is a 302 bored 40 over with flat tops and a 512 lift cam and a holy 4 bbl. i used the toyota trans witch seems to be holding up just fine so far. the stearing feels better like the car is more balanced, and the wireing was quit simple.

if anyone has any Q's just let me know!!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Looks nice! and I should hope the wiring was simple. Those things need like, what? four wires to run? lol.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks nice! and I should hope the wiring was simple. Those things need like, what? four wires to run? lol.
yeah thats about it, but i was able to get the tach and all the guages working also.:zzzzz:

the fun part was makeing the bellhousing it was really quite simple to do just took time to make sure i got it right. the pilot i had a friend make on his lathe out of brass and i made a bracket to use the factory clutch setup. the hardest part was getting a ford radd to fit i would recamend that if some one dus this to get an aftermarket one that will fit it would be less truble. on the clutch disk i used a toyota T100 3.4 v6 disk and a ford flywheel and preshure plate to make the disk work i had to have the flywheel turned out and had to mod the disk a bit.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
That's just plane crazy! So what do you think it's putting out power wise?

Later,
Leon

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's just plane crazy! So what do you think it's putting out power wise?

Later,
Leon

well acording to my desktop dyno it s around 350 hp and if i wer to get better heads and intake it would be over 400 hp.

i will try to see if i can put the dyno run on here.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
well acording to my desktop dyno it s around 350 hp and if i wer to get better heads and intake it would be over 400 hp.

i will try to see if i can put the dyno run on here.
What's a desktop dyno? I want one!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
But very nice. I knew the Ford 302 would be a good fit in this car. Very nice job....Athough I don't think with those mods you're making 350hp.
thanks man!!, yeah you may be right i just dont hav the monye to take it to the dyno lol.

What's a desktop dyno? I want one!

it is a program you can get from summit or jegs, and build your engine on it to se what it will do.

heres a link to a sight http://www.proracingsim.com/desktopdyno.htm

hey dus any one know about holly carbs the only problem i am having is that my seconderys are dumping fuel into the engine at idle and it is a new carb.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Whats the weight difference between a Ford 302 and 5m?
It's a Ford right?
yes its a ford!! if i remember right it was only about 50lbs,(and of corse with alumanum heads and intake it would drop the whate of the 302) but i could br wrong. all i do know is that the cars hight didnt change hardly at all between the two, and i can still take dips the same and not bottom out.

Engine Weight Comments

Ford 289/302 V8 460 (late 5.0s are a bit lighter)

http://www.fordcobraengines.com/engine_weights.htm

if any one knows what a 5m weighs pleas let us know.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
well... when I shipped my 6M to a member it was more than 550 lbs. with the crate..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well... when I shipped my 6M to a member it was more than 550 lbs. with the crate..
so i wonder how much the crate weighs lol, surely not much. i know my 5m did seem hevyer.

oh that remindes me i have some 5m stuff to sell also.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
best bet for fixing a holley carb is replacing it with an edelbrock. just more user friendly. i can tell you with a sbc 327 you need loering springs cause its much lighter than the 5m

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
This is a great thread, but the spelling is keeping me in hysterics! Keep it coming, and nice job!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
best bet for fixing a holley carb is replacing it with an edelbrock. just more user friendly. i can tell you with a sbc 327 you need loering springs cause its much lighter than the 5m
I prefer Holleys. I actually hate Edelbrock carbs!!!!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I prefer Holleys. I actually hate Edelbrock carbs!!!!!
sorry to hear that, a carb that needs adjusted every time the wind blows is no good in my book. to own and use a holley you better own and know how to use a weather station:zzzzz:. but a lot of the old heads prefer them, probly cause they're a hands on carb (cause ya always got your hands on em:woot:)

but in closing: to each his own

1 - 20 of 193 Posts