Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, this isn't much of a problem you'd think, but I swear, it's the most ANNOYING thing EVER.... during the winter (or when it gets down below about 50*f outside... my clutch has a tendency to squeak.. making the most ANNOYING sound and I just wanna kill stuff. What the hell can I put on it that will make it stop squeaking, I swear, I've put every lube I can think of on there and wiped it off and put different ones on like 80 times. OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOmG

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am going to assume that you are talking about the clutch PEDAL squeaking. I think this is common. I had the same problem, and I tried WD-40 and that stopped it for a couple days and then it came back. The thing that finally worked was this STP silicone spray stuff I got at auto zone. it comes in an aerosol can. I just soaked the clutch pedal area with that stuff and it's all good now. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
lol i know what you mean, mine does the same thing but only sometimes, i don't really notice it too much i just turn up the radio...but i have used silicon spray on it and it goes away for awhile, i work at a toyota dealership though and get toyota silicon spray for dirt cheap, never tried the autozone stuff....

·
Registered
48 Posts
where exactly do you spray it on the lever cuz I have the same prob.

THanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, yeah the pedal... heh... I tried some silicon spray my grandpa had, dunno if it was what you were talking about but it's been working for 3 days now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
fixed clutch squeak

All,

I've had the same problem that you all describe. I got under there and excercised it and tried to isolate the location (hard to do). Sprayed a few different products but got mixed results but the squeak was still there. I was never sure if it was metal on metal (at one of the pin joints) or the rubber seals of the cylinder against the metal rod.

So I pulled back the rubber boot on the cylinder (inside the car) and slid it back so that it just rides with the metal rod but doesn't move relative to the rod. This seems to have fixed the problem. NO MORE SQUEAK!

There's a groove in the housing that this boot clicks into. I don't think this will cause a leakage problem. You can see the next rubber part behind the boot and everything was dry. If your cylinder goes bad this boot won't stop leakage into the car anyway. I know. I've replaced this thing twice.

Let me know if this helps. I'm half thinking that the squeak went away for some other reason and this is just coincidental.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts