Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I have used the hot water heater drain B-4 and it comes out COLD.
If yours comes out HOT,cool.It won't.

I have a Bissel carpet shampooer and it works fine with very HOT water.
I had to do my hatch carpet and the water came out :YUKKKKK!

The coffee stains on the front carpet are stubborn!
Get some TOTALLY AWESOME. It eats everything. At the dollar store.
https://www.dollartree.com/bulk/Totally-Awesome-Cleaner

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=TOTALLY+AWESOME+cleaner&&view=detail&mid=902156329AB0C62288E9902156329AB0C62288E9&FORM=VRDGAR

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just noticed you recommended Ozium....we used to use that in our dorm rooms to cover up the "suspicious odors" that appeared on the weekends!

This is a new water heater, and is a commercial unit installed by our plumber friend. It has an all brass drain valve that looks like a garden hose spigot.

Today was my day on the Iowa, so I'll get cranked up again tomorrow, Thursday.

- Jim

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I just noticed you recommended Ozium....we used to use that in our dorm rooms to cover up the "suspicious odors" that appeared on the weekends!

This is a new water heater, and is a commercial unit installed by our plumber friend. It has an all brass drain valve that looks like a garden hose spigot.

Today was my day on the Iowa, so I'll get cranked up again tomorrow, Thursday.

- Jim
The drain valve can be hooked to a garden hose to drain sediment out of the tank. That's why it's there.
You can use it to water your plants and fight fires. It won't produce HOT water for a long time,being at the bottom. It should be drained twice a year.
http://homerepair.about.com/od/plumbingrepair/ss/hwh_tank_gas.htm
I use the drain valve with a gargen hose to fill my clothes washer sometimes.
Also,it can be used to put out a fire in my basement,if both fire extinguishers go empty.
I get hot water from the hot feed line to my clothes washer. I teed the line to another garden hose to fill the shampooer. It comes out @ 120*. A 1/2 gallon of that water can be heated on the stove to 180*.
"Steam" is over 212*.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'll crack it open to see what temp comes out, but I seem to remember that the water was warmer than the inlet water.

Maybe not full-on "HOT" water, but definitely above ambient....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Remove all the interior panels and as much duct works as you can. Then clean the backsides and wipe everything down. There's a ridiculous amount of dust and old god knows what behind there.
I suppose that is the approach I am taking; which includes taking out my heater core, AC cooling unit, and blower motor because I feel like it is blowing foul air (could be mold/mice) and want to assure it is clean. Has anyone dealt with mold while doing a deep clean? You all find that nasty smell due to the carpet and the seat fabric in the car?

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Could be a leaky heater core or a plugged draan for the AC! First,yank out the blower motor and see what's in there,first.Mice also get into the vent intake below the windshield.Easy to check. They crawl up the tires.
Mold is attacked with a steam cleaning machine in your carpets.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I'll crack it open to see what temp comes out, but I seem to remember that the water was warmer than the inlet water.

Maybe not full-on "HOT" water, but definitely above ambient....
The drain valve MUST be replaced with a ball valve to properly FLUSH the tank. You need VOLUME,Jim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be a leaky heater core or a plugged draan for the AC! First,yank out the blower motor and see what's in there,first.Mice also get into the vent intake below the windshield.Easy to check. They crawl up the tires.
Mold is attacked with a steam cleaning machine in your carpets.
Mice made a nice nest between the A/C and heater unit. That was likely the source of the foul air coming through the vents. Also the carpet was rather foul too (had to pull that up because i couldn't get the heater core out because those darn floor vents were in the way but were under the carpet). When I pulled that up, a decent amount of that foam padding still stuck to the floorboards and also found another small mouse nest beneath where the passenger seat was.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
IF you store you Supra indoors, LEAVE THE HOOD OPEN. Rodents like dark places. Outdoors? Well, you are on your own. Smear the wires with HOT sauce. Moth balls will also deter rodents. Dryer sheets have been used. Peppermint oil...Mice moved in under my shed. I can hear the little bastards fighting during the night. I dumped a lot of Tabasco down there! I had a lot of Victor mouse traps sprinkled around and I added nails to them. Facing UP. Peanut butter bait.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts