Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't gonna do this but,..
On the way home tonight I must have upset a 911 driver and he was looking to get even at a stoplight. He shot me a rev and looked over,... so I shrugged and nodded. It was a late 70's-early 80's NON-turbo model so I said "what the heck"
About that time a new Altima pulls up behind me...
The Porsche brings his revs up around 3k and the light turns green and I'm gone with moderate-heavy throttle as I beat the 911 to the next light by about 2 lengths,... Boy he looks pissed and his girlfriend is giggling.
The Altima is still behind me (late tho) and he is revving higher than the Porsche!!
The 911's revs come up to around 4k as the light turns green and he gets me by 1/2 length out of the hole, but as soon as he shifts I get that back and start to pull him. By 80 MPH I have about 2-3 lengths on him and we shut down as he is headed for a turn-off. He heads off with a wave (of respect?) and I am backing out of it getting ready to cruise the freeway home and here comes the Altima!! So I get back in it and pull him by anout 4 lengths up to around 100 (the road has turned to highway by now) and I get back out of it.
Of course the Altima does the "ricer flyby" as if he could have at any time,...
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Long live the 6M!!
Jamie

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
dont you just love it when they get pissed :lol:
good kill :wink:

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
nice job

some of those new altimas really move nicely

i drove one, i think it was the 3.5S or something, lit em up coming out of the dealership (never buy a demo car!) and yeah, it really picked up in a happy way.

the salesgirl was loving it, lol, she didnt think they were fast until then.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
heh heh....Poor Porshe. An early 80's N/A one tried to run away from me on Beltline and I had to back off in thrird to avoid his rear, I thought he had shut down, but he pulled away after I let up a little. Poor little bugger....

You gone up to Woodburn yet Jamie? I know ya want to!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Was it the 2.5 or 3.5 Altima? Good kill either way, but the 3.5 is really quick. My friend has it and it has 240 hp and ir RIPS! I know your 6m is a screamer from what I have heard so maybe it was the 3.5? And yeah the new Maximas are extremely fast, but they still are not a MKII!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts