Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I wonder when it was driven regularly last. Someone put in a lot of hard work. Thing I don't like most are the rims. Also one of the things i notice are louvers on the hood. Being a new owner of louvers I did an extensive louver google search lol.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I wonder when it was driven regularly last. Someone put in a lot of hard work. Thing I don't like most are the rims. Also one of the things i notice are louvers on the hood. Being a new owner of louvers I did an extensive louver google search lol.
Louvers on the hood seem to be a hodge podge of many diff cars, but from the way this car was built, may as well take out the adjustable heating louvers in your apartment/house and fit them...

And yes the rims are not good, but I have seen way worse, its the rest of the car thats horrible, rims can always be changed! The rest of the car is just WOW!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if this car is worth saving..i have seen it personally from afar..its not too far from where i live. I think i wanna go have a closer look this weekend. Assuming i want to restore this..i would need a front bumper..rear bumper and a hood ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i left work a little early today, at 7pm. I drove to where I saw the car last , and it was still there ! It definitely was moved to a different position than when this thread was started, and by the looks, Its well beyond saving.
There was a woman locking her gate , and since the car was next to her house, i asked if she knows who owns the mk2. She pointed me a to house not far. I walked over and hollered hello a few times, no answer, everything looked locked up like no one was home. I looked for a doorbell, but it didnt have a button, seeing the sorry state the car was in and the condition of the house, i didnt want to press the doorbell switch "hole" I did see one of the rims in the house though, so i wondered what else from the car he was keeping. I will come back on saturday and try to talk to the owner. for sure this car is only for some usable spares like the rear diff , springs...
I took a peak inside from the windows, and the transmission and dashboard is in bad shape, and doesnt look original, like they came from a 90's car, from their rounded styling.
The seats look dirty and torn too.
So here are the pics i snapped tonight.

as you can see, somebody tried to buy this off this guy , the writing on the glass, says if you wanna sell, call.....
probably a junkyard runner.

Judging by what he did, I am guessing this guy was ashamed of its 80s boxy styling somewhere in the mid 90's and proceed to 90tify this car by using more rounded Mk3 front end, rounded dashboard, 16" rims which may have came off the 90s supra, cause it had the word supra on it, and then lost the will when spares becomes harder to come by and more expensive, so he abandoned it..what a shame.
I tried taking apic of the insides but my phone just couldnt, the reflection from the flash blinded the camera.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
I guess even they got embarrased of it as a yard ornament. Thanks for taking the time to check it out...that is one sorry Supra. :rolleyes:

The only thing that piqued my interest is the rear spoiler mounted on top of a makeshift support, looks like a painted foha-ha.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess even they got embarrased of it as a yard ornament. Thanks for taking the time to check it out...that is one sorry Supra. :rolleyes:

The only thing that piqued my interest is the rear spoiler mounted on top of a makeshift support, looks like a painted foha-ha.

The door handles...the glass..looks usable. The diff ..prop shaft may be good too. I will try pop by to talk to the owner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The last pics i took in 2015, the car is still here, but a little bit further outside. I wonder how it was moved, it doesnt look like it can be driven. Here it is today.

·
Whistles
1,051 Posts
Has it been entered into the registry, yet?

;)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts