Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

OMG- Twin Turbo 5.0 2012 Mustang

6K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  BoostedTDI 
#1 ·
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/...stang-gt500-to-get-twin-turbo-road-runner-v-8

Well, in the GT500 ;)

I absolutely love the idea of a 5.0 (and badge!) coming to the new body Stang. The 2011 base 5.0 n/a will make 400hp....what a beast.

I grew up in the 80s, and the 5.0 was legendary in my lower middle class area. Seeing a 5.0 badge on a FACTORY twin turbo V8 car absolutely KILLS me. I may have to start saving my pennies now ;) (though, the C6Z06 is still the king of value) I put a few hundred miles on a 2010 GT with Eibachs, KYBs and wheels/tires....and it really impressed me. I really love that Ford took the Stang to a whole new level starting in 05.

#8 ·
50% the owners won't be capable of driving them, 48% won't try.

Take away the traction control set up and a lot of people would be out of cars.

Pretty sweet though. About time they started boosting with out pullys.

The Aero SS is actually a twin turbo small block chevy engine iirc.

I always did like stangs as well.

#10 ·
Sounds like a cool car. That said the whole reason 5.0 Stangs were popular back in the day was that they were light and cheap new. That is no longer true so for me some of the fun is gone. I drove a ton of them and I'd just got my license. Loved them, but loved the MK2 more. Hell, a new loaded 5.0L was cheaper than buying my '83 Supra in '86.

Yes they are far better cars now, but it's not the same. For that kind of coin I want IRS. Good to see performance cars still being built these days.

#11 ·
I agree with the IRS, no stout -all-out- performance car is live axle

they released 1 model of mustang with IRS, it was a cobra in 2004

#14 ·
Sounds like a cool car. I am certainly a fan of the 5.0 badge and would like to see it come back.

#16 ·
Nice idea, but Ford is still run by idiots "The Road Runner tag is a humorous play on the cartoon nemesis of Wile E. Coyote--not a curious reference to the hard-running Plymouth of the late 1960s and early 1970s." Um, what do they think the Plymouth was named after, even with the Road Running emblems on it (little badges of the bird), they still don't get it all these years later?

#19 ·
Guess I'll have to step up my game, if I want to keep killing 'stangs .... -- heads to garage to ponder -- :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.