Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the cops took my car(long stupid story). The tow company sold her. I found her and got her back just in time for her to crap herself on the freeway. That was in the months between Feb. and May of this year. Now, she's sitting in the garage waiting for me to get it together and do this engine swap. It might be too much for me, I don't know. I just want this thing to run, dammit!

I got another 5mge out of a Cressida for $200 and started tearing it down because I had no idea whether or not it was any good. Now, I'm stuck on the oil pump which just doesn't want to come out. I'm almost at the point of cleaning it up best I can and slapping it back together and crossing my fingers. I could use a little advice before I end up destroying this thing. I'm sure I've left a lot out, but I could use some help and I'd appreciate anything you guys can tell me.

Thanks
-B

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I think the best help I could give you would be to sit back and think about how much work you've done. Take some time off from it if you have to. I know you want it to run, but frustration usually cause more damage before relief sets in.

Ask Donkey2, who kicked the shit out of a perfectly good header panel haha.

I've got my pickup truck sitting in the back yard, partially dismantled. I get very little time to work on it and very little money to spend on it. The head's gotta come off and when I'm ready to yank it out I'm not even sure how I'm gonna do that. Cast iron isn't light. Then I'm hoping to only find a BHG. If any worse I'll be pissed for certain. Heads are plentiful, but that just adds on to
my work before she can run.

As for the pump, I can't really help with removing it, I'd just look over the TSRM and Haynes to see if anything was missed. There's always that one bolt that you didn't think was there or something like that ha. Don't give up on it, and do it right.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dready.Sometimes all I do is think. When I got stuck on the pump, I'd just go down to the garage, re-arrange my tools, sigh and go back upstairs. Did that for a good two weeks then I just stopped going down there. Search, the TSRM and my Haynes have been my best friends throughout, but even they have limits when it comes to 20-something year old parts, I guess. I'll keep at it though. I'm not gonna let this one end up like my other 2 Supras.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Pump drive shaft bound up? Does pump rotate, but not come out? Is pump frozen, with no rotation? Have you tried Heat?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No heat yet. I tried yanking that bastard out by hand and ended up lifting the whole block. All I want, is to get to the crank so I can have everything cleaned up and I can put it all back together. Wait a minute! If I'm taking it to a shop anyway, couldn't I just ask them to take it apart? I'll give you guys an update, I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts