Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out to KFC to grab some dinner for me and the guys before I came in to work tonight. So I'm driving and pull up to a redlight, and a beat-up early 80's 'yota pickup thats pretty beat up looking pulls up nexts to me and revs a bit... So, I figure what the hell, its just a pickup, guy just probably wants to mess around... Light turns green and I don't really even launch all that much harder than normal and jump into it... next thing I hear is what I can only describe as what a 747 sounds like when it is about to take off and I see this truck shoot by me like I am going in reverse!! Even if I had launched hard, I would have had him for MAYBE another 100 feet...

So he ends up following me into the parkinglot and we talked... The guy has a freakin 2JZ with a T-66, fuel, an AEM computer, a V160 tranny and a ford 9".... VERY cool truck.

Goes to show the old saying is true... "Beware a guy in a beat-up or primered vehicle... chances are they didn't waste the money making it pretty..."

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Very Cool Bob 8) Find him again after you get done with your motor.At least then you can have a little fun with him :wink:

Much better than my drive home.Have a guy decide at the last minute he wants in my lane.Turns his blinker on,when I already have my fender next to his bedside,and flips me off.So,I return the gesture,the guy goe friggin ballistic.Gets in front of me,drives like an idiot,many hand gestures,and trying to get me to pull over.Yeah right,I give him the jacl-off sign,now he's REALLY PISSED :!: :!: :!:
We make the turn,he changes lanes,slows down,starts yelling,swerving at me.So I swerved back,didn't touch him,but he ended up on the sidewalk :twisted: and I continue my drive home. I know I shoudn't have done anything,but the dude had it coming :wink: and it felt really good.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Junkie said:
We make the turn,he changes lanes,slows down,starts yelling,swerving at me.So I swerved back,didn't touch him,but he ended up on the sidewalk :twisted: and I continue my drive home. I know I shoudn't have done anything,but the dude had it coming :wink: and it felt really good.
Dang Shawn,

Remind me to never piss you off.......... :lol:

Leslie

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
MkIISuperSupra said:
Junkie said:
Dang Shawn,

Remind me to never piss you off.......... :lol:

Leslie

It's the Derby driver in me Leslie,natural reaction :D I didn't spend 15 years wrecking cars and not learn a few tricks 8)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey Bob, at least it was a TOYOTA! Coulda been worse, a Nissan, or, dare I say, honda!!!
And Shawn, that pretty much is my daily commute lately here in SoCal! I swear to god I'm ready to just plow into these people with my truck, grab them by the scruff of their neck, yank 'em out their window and put a ½" breaker bar upside their friggin' head!!!
Sorry, I just can't stand the way 95% of SoCal drives anymore...

My rant is done, y'all can continue now!!!! :p

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris.. Hell, once he popped the hood, I forgot all about being embarressed! Was the coolest looking thing I had ever seen. The install was so clean, it looked like it was factory. Simply amazing.... He may be bringing it to MIR or Englishtown for the meets.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Hey, Hawaiian - where are you commuting to? Glad I don't have your drive to work, and if I did, I would be leaving the Supras home safe....I've been driving here in SoCal for a loooongg time, never had many problems with idiots with attitudes....my beef is all of these people who come here from somewhere else and don't seem to know how to drive on the freeways.

-- Bob --

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Flyin' Hawaiian said:
Hey Bob, at least it was a TOYOTA! Coulda been worse, a Nissan, or, dare I say, honda!!!
And Shawn, that pretty much is my daily commute lately here in SoCal! I swear to god I'm ready to just plow into these people with my truck, grab them by the scruff of their neck, yank 'em out their window and put a ½" breaker bar upside their friggin' head!!!
Sorry, I just can't stand the way 95% of SoCal drives anymore...

My rant is done, y'all can continue now!!!! :p
So where do i sign up for this "I HATE 95% of SoCali Drivers Club" :lol:

<---SoCali Commuter

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if I had to call it any single color, I would say it was black... tho it had red, grey and brown primer on it, as well as exposed bondo and rust still.

The guy himself said it was still a "work in grogress"...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mmmmmm, 2JZ in a pickup! I want to build a Tacoma body style sand racer with a 2JZ some day when I have deep pockets. :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts