Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out to KFC to grab some dinner for me and the guys before I came in to work tonight. So I'm driving and pull up to a redlight, and a beat-up early 80's 'yota pickup thats pretty beat up looking pulls up nexts to me and revs a bit... So, I figure what the hell, its just a pickup, guy just probably wants to mess around... Light turns green and I don't really even launch all that much harder than normal and jump into it... next thing I hear is what I can only describe as what a 747 sounds like when it is about to take off and I see this truck shoot by me like I am going in reverse!! Even if I had launched hard, I would have had him for MAYBE another 100 feet...

So he ends up following me into the parkinglot and we talked... The guy has a freakin 2JZ with a T-66, fuel, an AEM computer, a V160 tranny and a ford 9".... VERY cool truck.

Goes to show the old saying is true... "Beware a guy in a beat-up or primered vehicle... chances are they didn't waste the money making it pretty..."

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris.. Hell, once he popped the hood, I forgot all about being embarressed! Was the coolest looking thing I had ever seen. The install was so clean, it looked like it was factory. Simply amazing.... He may be bringing it to MIR or Englishtown for the meets.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, if I had to call it any single color, I would say it was black... tho it had red, grey and brown primer on it, as well as exposed bondo and rust still.

The guy himself said it was still a "work in grogress"...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.