Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They’ve been working fine and now suddenly the right one won’t work. I know they can be opened manually but I want to get it fixed. I guess it’s likely the motor?

· Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Could also be a corroded contact in a plug, the double relay on the right shock tower.
The motor themselfs are pretty reliable, but corrosion could also have developped in the circular side position contacts.

· Registered
4,275 Posts
Most likely corroded plug. Put a voltage tester in it and turn on headlights.

· Registered
490 Posts
There is a fusible link by the battery, but if I read the wiring diagram correctly, it serves both lights. If only one is not working, I agree with everyone that you should check the connectors and the ground before buying a new motor or taking it apart.

· Registered
4,275 Posts
Sounds like it's possessed, LOL.
Clean all contacts. Perhaps try disconnecting the battery for a half minute. I have several used retractor relays if you want to try that. Also, check for shorts, bare wires leading up to the headlight that has issues.

· Registered
677 Posts
I had issue where one headlight didn't go up & down, but turned on anyway. Turned out one of the rotary contacts had corroded. Sounds like same issue, but upper contact that signals when headlight is fully up and to turn off power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts