Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely cleaned out an 83 Celica in the junk yard today. It must have been owned by a Celica hoarder because it was filled with parts and pieces, both the trunk and the passenger side.

My receipt tallied up 32 parts in total.

I can detail this out with individual pics later, but here's a list and a couple pics for now.

All interior parts are black, very good condition. Very minor cracking/damage around some screw holes is the worst I can find.

(2) pair side mirrors
(1) pair 82-83 door handles
(1) pair 84+ door handles
(1) steering wheel - the older 82-83 style, center emblem missing.
(4) shift boots
(1) pair armrests
(1) 85 MPH gauge cluster
(1) gauge cluster surround
(1) glove box lid and surround
(8) marker lamps - some red, some amber
(1) pair window cranks - yeah yeah, not power windows, but I got 'em anyway.
(1) wiper motor - I very well may keep this for myself.
(2) heater control displays (hot/cold/vent location around the sliders, whatever you call that part)

There is in fact more to be had, if anyone has a special request I can go have a look, but no guarantees.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Nice work!!

·
Super Moderator
8,491 Posts
FYI, but a lot of these parts aren't common with the Supra.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You selling any of this? Will the door locks/handles work on a 82 Supra?

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I can see, they're all common to the Supra. Let me know what you know. I guess the tach won't match up., 4 cyl vs 6 cyl. There was more that I passed on which were obvious mismatches.

It's all for sale, I just wanted to get the word out. Properly documenting it will take a little time. The door handles sure oughta work. They have cylinders but no keys so you probably need to swap yours over.

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
SOME parts will bolt into a Mk II.

W
hen you sail the keyboard into the floor, this may happen:
+\

8/+98*/-/*
Hey, we all hoard parts but some owners have more room than others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have any photos of the gauge cluster surround? Looking for one for my 85 supra though i don't know if the years are interchangeable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The side mirrors are the same correct. How much do you want for the right side mirror? What kind of shape

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have any photos of the gauge cluster surround? Looking for one for my 85 supra though i don't know if the years are interchangeable.
Yeah. Another forum goer wanted it but I guess it's not perfect. It's nicer than mine but wrong color.

Here's how she looks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The side mirrors are the same correct. How much do you want for the right side mirror? What kind of shape
I'll photograph them tomorrow. Probably only selling mirrors in sets or I'll eventually have one random mirror left over.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The left mirror on my 85 is kind of rough (Literally). I believe it has the single screw hole underneath. I don’t know how compatible those are though. Anyone know offhand? If so, I‘d be in for a left mirror.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, they look like the same mirrors, but i don't know for sure. Can you send me pics. I will buy the pair, or will take the right only if dchein wants the left.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, they look like the same mirrors, but i don't know for sure. Can you send me pics. I will buy the pair, or will take the right only if dchein wants the left.
You guys can definitely grab a single each, I just want to avoid having one leftover if at all possible.

Sorry about the slow updates, I'm in the CRUNCH phase of a massive project at work so I'm fairly well tied up most of my days right now. I will do my best to photograph these items over my lunch breaks this week and upload imagery.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll photograph them tomorrow. Probably only selling mirrors in sets or I'll eventually have one random mirror left over.
Sounds good. Thx.

Just got a chance to look at mine too. It does look to be the same, but I haven’t checked part numbers or anything. My mirror itself is intact, but the housing has a bad rash from
wind erosion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts