Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Those arent sissy imposter rims...those really are ultra rare celicasupra rims available on the Ltypes in 85 (someone correct me if im wrong) They are difficult to find. Its unfortunate that they only came in the 15x6 Now if they were 15x7 1/2..... :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
weren't these L type wheels also used on the old mini-van by Toyota.. as M. Lewitz call the van "moon - buggy"... Jay B

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
:evil: :silly: :rainbowafro: Scooby-Doo Van!

·
Registered
472 Posts
They appear to me to be the real deal: '85 L-type 15"x6", 20 offset... pretty rare, as stated.

Looks ok on an L-type (no flares); decent upgrade for a Cressida or other old-school rwd Toyota.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well last friday I was at the junkyard and saw a 83 Celica GT w a 22RE motor and saw the wheels it has.... Is was a 14x6 Carrol Shelby rims that looks like the stock 14x7 rims for the supra... I was gonna by it but there are only 3 and if it was a complete set I would be putting it on the Starlet project I am doing

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
thosee l type wheels would be pretty cool on a AE86. Supra wheels look awesome on AEs but 15s are such a nice size for them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I remember hearing that those rims would be ideal on an MKI.............sort of like mine. Anyone care to add to that? I think I remember Chris Eng saying something about how with the BS of these rims they fit better on an MKI. Yes? No? It looks like he still has them....

·
Registered
19 Posts
some MZ10 soarers came out with them here in Oz, i saw a set on a supra wreck here, but they didnt look quite wide enough for nice tyres, looking back on it i should have bought them at $350 AUD. :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mr. Mag in Perth, WA still have a complete set in exc. condition for Aus. $360 cash. Funny thing was, over the phone he said they had some mk2 wheels - I race over all excited, only to find these skinny 15"ers that are about $100 more than I planned to pay! Nice, but not what I need.

- Justin
(Of course, what I NEED is a nice set of the new style Simons wheels - B45 or something? Prolly very expensive, but a nice 15 or 16" blend of the OMs and FRs with a DEEP dish. When I win Lotto ...)

·
Registered
58 Posts
there were 15" supra wheels from the soarers. some AE86 guys pic them up from japan every so often, rare in the states.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts