Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
221 - 240 of 272 Posts
Discussion starter · #227 ·
Seems like production has slowed. If 22 and 23 were shipping the week of 12-2-2015 that was 2 weeks ago. Any details on why the delays?

Thanks.
Yes...there are dozens of reasons for delays:

1) These aren't easy parts to build, compared to a hood they are very complex. Allowing different options delays everything, producing these 100% identical would have sped things up, but then customers who wanted drilled and didn't get it wouldn't have liked it and vice versa.
2) Believe it or not they are doing us a HUGE favor by building these
3) Weather affects both the production, packaging and shipping of CF Parts
4) They are producing these at the same time as everything else in their inventory. Try to think of this from their point of view, if they are selling 15 BMW Hoods a month vs our 30 Hatches/lifetime where do you think they will allocate most of their resources.
5) As Tanya pointed out this time of year staffing becomes a challenge for most businesses
6) Customers for this product are scattered all over Canada/USA, which means we are using different shippers and shipping methods to cut costs...otherwise this product would have been a LOT more expensive. Since we are shipping first pay first ship there are times product sits waiting to ship until Advan has other orders outside the group buy to ship.
7) I can go out but that about covers it.

I can appreciate that the wait sucks, I can assure you guys that these are being produced as quick as humanly possible. Please just try to keep in mind that if we want stuff built, this is what we have to deal with as we just can't give manufacturer's the numbers to be their #1 priority.

That being said there are 3 hatches sitting on the dock waiting to get shipped and I'll update as soon as I have more information.

I think i was the first one to get mine on and installed, been loving it. Coming up on almost 6 months of use on a regularly driven car and no issues so far. I have not even tried to stick a key in the hatch in at least a month haha

I think i was the first one to get mine on and installed, been loving it. Coming up on almost 6 months of use on a regularly driven car and no issues so far. I have not even tried to stick a key in the hatch in at least a month haha
Thas awsome - thanks for the update - mine is still in a box in my garage somewhere

looks like one of those is fer me!

will

Is it too late to place an order for one of these? Does anyone have a picture of the completed project? I hate rusty hatches!

Maybe one day the good people of Canada will get their hatches... JUST KIDDING! I know you've got a process George, and let's be honest it's only going to get hung up on the wall next to the hood when i get it :)

221 - 240 of 272 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.