Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I keep looking at my car in the garage getting all tingly thinking about a gorgeous carbon fiber hatch on terracotta colors. Granted my car needs a repaint but it will still look good. Just one more before deposits can me made if I read correctly! I think that's why we are seeing low numbers as of now. Thanks again George for putting time into this and getting it done.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Come on guys.....it is time to get lucky with 30 group buy members. Oh, and Gamble beat me to the top of the list!? :eekfacepalm: All good buddy. Haha. Really hope this can happen.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Come on guys.....it is time to get lucky with 30 group buy members. Oh, and Gamble beat me to the top of the list!? :eekfacepalm: All good buddy. Haha. Really hope this can happen.
Night shift my man, it popped up at the exact time i get to work and it was slow that night :p

·
Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Just one more before deposits can me made if I read correctly! I think that's why we are seeing low numbers as of now. Thanks again George for putting time into this and getting it done.
That's correct...just one more. I hope the numbers start to climb when we reach 17 because I don't think we're going to be able to 20 and have the rest pay the difference. I'm also starting to think of other ways to get this done without you guys or me taking a big hit. Unfortunately all of these ideas require all those who are in to agree with the plan...when the time come I will advise you guys of the idea. But in short it requires each person to pay a little more and for me to pay a LOT more...so hopefully it won't have to come to that.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Advan could always make some adjustments as well. Better to have smaller margins than none.

It is nice that we at least got 17.
Believe me when I say... considering they are the only ones in 1/2 a decade that hasn't slammed the door in my face they are not obligated to do anything. They told me (us) we need 30 units sold NO exception ... so whether I sell 20 or 30 they need the funds for 30.

Honestly ... it may sound harsh but if we only sell 20 then we really dont deserve these. As always you know I will do everything I can to get this done.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Believe me when I say... considering they are the only ones in 1/2 a decade that hasn't slammed the door in my face they are not obligated to do anything. They told me (us) we need 30 units sold NO exception ... so whether I sell 20 or 30 they need the funds for 30.

Honestly ... it may sound harsh but if we only sell 20 then we really dont deserve these. As always you know I will do everything I can to get this done.
Obligated, absolutely not. Trim their margins in hopes to sell a few more units, a possibility. Will they do that, highly unlikely. If they want to recover their time and money spent when we can't get 30 sold, up to them. If we cant get enough people together, I agree....letting it die is an option. You have done more than enough. It is sad to see the hundreds of replacement hatch threads to be hoping for 30 units sold. I will remain optimistic, as much as possible. Haha.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I keep... getting all tingly thinking about a gorgeous carbon fiber hatch...
We need more members with this kind of enthusiasm
I wasn't always like this, I actually got into supras from fast and the furious and anything other than the mk4 wasn't a real supra. Yea I was one of those kids.... Had a job at 14. At 15 my dad called me said he found a supra for 500$ but it wasn't the year I liked. Declined at first then called him and we took a look at it that next day. Saw it up close and I liked the aggressive lines. Bought it loved how it drove. It had problems but I saw what it could be. Fixed and learned as it broke. Now 24 own a house work in the local hospital have my amazing fiancé who graciously lets me spend money on my car from time to time (still have to pay for her school and go back to school for me). But the more time I spend with the car the more I love it. My friends call me crazy but given the choice I would take my 83 terracotta p type over a mk4. Slowly inching my car to a 2j swap but that will be awhile. I would love to own a mk4 but wouldnt give up my mk2 for it.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I just posted an informational ad in our local craigslist. Hopefully will catch the attention of a Supra owner, and will be directed to CS.com and the group buy info. Only 10 more to go! Like losing weight, that last 10 lbs always tough, but I'm hoping the info is still spreading out to the owners.

Don L.

·
Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Awesome idea Don thanks for doing what you can to get this going. I really believe that with all the social media these days if we can't get it done now there is no hope. My post on facebook has reached on 22,000 people and has over 1300 people engaged through likes, comments and shares and 415 who have clicked on the link. In less than 2 weeks the page on raptorracing.com has received 1200 views and is now at #54 in terms of top products views(out of over 700). Believe me, thats not possible to do in such a time frame unless it was killing it on social media.

Thanks to everyone sharing it on facebook and spreading the word like Don...believe me when I say we would not be where we are without everyone doing what they can.

·
Registered
298 Posts
35 Crickets - Maybe we need to email the people who took the poll. Sometimes we get caught up with life and forget to check the thread.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a MK2 Carbon Fiber Hatch @ $799 + ShippingVoters 55.

Hells Yes 33 60.00%

82toy, 84-7MTurbo, ae86ma60, Black_83, Bradikka, Celicasupra1983, CLToy, Customtoyota18, D-LOKE, Don L., frodo, Frontball, gamble, guido, HansBF109, infamos, InTime, JAC, jdk_ii, Lee_MA61, MrBubbles00482, mtymseharmer, Oilman, RaptorRacing, Redrusty84supra, rsdeo, squish, Supra C, Tanya, TheAmazingBlaze, Tire Shredder, toy1983, Valkyrie0311

Hells Yes + I'd like you to look into having the 85+ Spoiler made in Carbon Fiber too 22 40.00%

1Smooth85, 5M_Rob, 85dragon, 85toyosupra, cpw713, Deanfun, eightsixxmkII, Funkycheeze, fvaldez421, G-Force, Korrupted, leo3k, LeVampireGenrye, Ma61Devin, mcdade7, Mk2turbo, rrbearclaw, supra-b, supraholic, Thielz, TRD 83 SUPRA XX, zepp

41 - 60 of 272 Posts