Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] MK2 MK3 MK3 Porterfied Brake Pad Group Buy

7K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Marblehead 
#1 ·
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
PHONE NUMBER: 416-677-5962 (Emergency only)
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
LOCATION: US orders shipping from Michigan, Canadian/International Orders shipping from Toronto
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Paypal/Credit Card through Website
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: Porterfield Pads
GROUP BUY START DATE: September 26, 2014
GROUP BUY END DATE: October 15, 2014
NUMBER OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BUY: Unlimited

Details

For years brake pad selection is something we've had issues with in the MK2 community. Porterfields have always been considered one of the best pads on the market but finding a vendor to stock them has proven difficult from time to time. I've always wanted to carry them but there is a VERY large buy in that's required to get that account.

I really wanted to be able to offer them for my Big Brake Kit Group buy with the added bonus of stocking units for the MK2 an MK3. But a group buy in the traditional sense isn't possible because they have VERY strict MAP (minimum advertised pricing) Policies so MSRP is all vendors area allowed to advertise. What I will do is cover the cost of shipping these for the duration of the group buy.

I will be offer their R-4 and their R4-S pads for the Dynapro BBK Caliper, MK2, MK3 and MK4 calipers. After the group buy I will only be stocking Dynapro, MK2 and MK3 Pads.

So this isn't really a group buy to get better pricing, it's just a group buy to save you a couple of dollars on shipping while giving me the opportunity to be able to place a large enough order to stock these for future sales.

I know a few of you asked before and I did check but unfortunately there is no such pad, they either discontinued it or they never did make it.

Ordering and Payment Information

All orders must go through the website linked here.

Canadian Customers pay sales tax calculated Automatically by the shopping cart on the site. There is NO tax for US Customers. Customers outside of USA/Canada please send me an email and ask for a shipping quote.

Timeline

The order will be placed on the 15th and from there it all depends on how long they take to produce what I'm ordering. As always I'll keep everyone well informed:

Paid List

See less See more
#2 ·
#15 ·
Support for George and his ambition to carry a great product.

I've been running the Porterfield R4-S (+Brembo rotors) for many, many years on my '83. I'll never run anything else. The stopping power is bar none far beyond that which I have ever experienced with Hawk or others. Initial cold or extended hot braking, these things bite. Pulling 80MPH up to the highway exit ramp and braking hard only moments before entering the cloverleaf with maximum assurance. Porterfield is the only pad to run, in my opinion.

Recently switched over to Porterfields on the MKIV as well. Hawks were poor performers.

I brake for snakes.
Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.