Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
George,

I was going to send you a PM but thought that others may want to know your responses as well. After being told by Advan that this version would NEVER be made, I now face the choice to purchase a third hood. I am a team player and not sure if these will ever be made again. If you could indulge a couple of questions:

1) Will there be wire mesh or reinforcement at the area of the openings? An integrated black mesh would add rigidity, obscure view into engine bay, and not prevent vent from being functional.

2) Will there be inserts for these vents that can be installed on an as needed basis? (rainy days, washing car, etc.)

3) Are washer nozzles being included, or optional like the previous OEM group buy?

4) Hopefully a given, but the TS hood uses the same bracing underneath...or how much is included?

If I missed these answers somewhere, please forgive me. Thank you for your time.

Chadrick

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Hey Chadrick...excellent questions. I will try to answer them as best as I can, if something isn't clear please let me know.

Will there be wire mesh or reinforcement at the area of the openings? An integrated black mesh would add rigidity, obscure view into engine bay, and not prevent vent from being functional.
Yes...please see pix below of the MK3 TS hood. When I talked to Don months ago he mentioned this was included but I will make 100% sure I report back.

Will there be inserts for these vents that can be installed on an as needed basis? (rainy days, washing car, etc.)
No...this would increase the price DRAMATICALLY. It's something we can possibly look into after but not I have the time for right now.

Hopefully a given, but the TS hood uses the same bracing underneath...or how much is included?
Yes, virtually the same with slight modifications to accomodate the vents. The picture above of the MK3 unit should help you visualize this.
Are washer nozzles being included, or optional like the previous OEM group buy?
Optional, just like the last group buy. Thanks for reminding me, prior to going to production I will send out an email to see who will be using the nozzles. Keep in mind the "bump" for the nozzles are there whether you will be using the nozzles or not...just like with the OEM hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
George, how 'deep' (ie how much do they protrude into the bonnet) and how wide are the vents?
Looks like about 50mm deep and 200mm wide?
I'd like to make sure they aren't going to interfere with all the plumbing on the exhaust side of my 2J.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I can't answer that for now as we haven't build them yet, but the test vehicle for this car will be 2JZ equipped MK2. Dave who is doing the test fitting is a picky sob and will ensure it will fit all the major motors that people put in a MK2 Chassis but for now I can't give you dimensions on the vents.

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
BTW Dean...the answer to your question is in the first post:

PRICING

OEM Carbon Fiber Hood if I sell 10 OEM Hoods: $602
OEM Carbon Fiber Hood if I sell 20 OEM Hoods: $541
Top Secret Style Hoods regardless of Units Sold: $770 - for this to even be possible we need 10 Sold

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
BTW Dean... for this to even be possible we need 10 Sold
I'm assuming this is what he needs. As in, no group buy if less than ten hoods are sold. Even on the OEM. So then for shits and giggles, if there is no group by on OEM, what would off the shelf pricing be for those that want one?

-Dustin-

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OK... Wow. First let me take my foot out of my mouth and my head out of my ass.... OK done. So I have 2 OEM hoods that were built for me for the first group buy... So if I don't get 10 OEM hoods sold then first 2 to pay me will get a hood.

Sorry for misreading the < sign and being a smartsss Dean. Thanks for pointing that out Dustin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
OK... Wow. First let me take my foot out of my mouth and my head out of my ass.... OK done. So I have 2 OEM hoods that were built for me for the first group buy... So if I don't get 10 OEM hoods sold then first 2 to pay me will get a hood.

Sorry for misreading the < sign and being a smartsss Dean. Thanks for pointing that out Dustin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free
No worries George. That is what I was asking - I could have been more verbose. I figured that the line of "we need 10 to do anything" applied to both hoods, but it wasn't explicit.

I'll have to have a chat with myself and see what I want to do.

21 - 40 of 247 Posts