Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] mkii_supra_freak Front and Rear Solid Strut/Shock Tower Bars Group Buy

27K views 97 replies 28 participants last post by  antdog2 
#1 · (Edited)
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
PHONE NUMBER: 416-677-5962 (Emergency only)
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
LOCATION: US orders shipping from NY, Canadian/International Orders shipping from Toronto
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Paypal/Credit Card through Website
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: mkii_supra_freak Front and Rear Solid Strut/Shock Tower Bars
GROUP BUY START DATE: October 21, 2014
GROUP BUY END DATE: November 7, 2014
NUMBER OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BUY: Unlimitted

Kit Details

All the details you'll need are in the specific link's here.

In order for this group buy to go through we’ll need to sell 20 of each bar. If 20 are not sold there will be 2 options:
1) I will refund those who want a refund.
2) Stay in the group buy and Pricing goes up another $30/bar if we get between 10-19 bars sold

Ordering and Payment Information

All orders must go through the website linked above.

Canadian Customers pay sales tax calculated Automatically by the shopping cart on the site. There is NO tax for US Customers. Customers outside of the Continental USA/Canada please send me an email and ask for a shipping quote.

Timeline

From November the 8th it will take 7-8 weeks for Mitch to produce the bars. From there depending on when they are ready it might take another couple of weeks for Mitch to package up the bars and send to me and then have me drive to Buffalo and ship out the US bars and bring back to Canada. Please keep in mind this gets us REALLY close to holiday season and while Mitch and I will do our best there might be a small shipping delay due to the time of year.

Paid List

Front

1. Roger S - Polished No Logo (+$30 paid)
2. Michael F - Polished Logo (+$30 paid)
3. Raj S (+$30 paid)
4. John V - Unpolished Logo (+$30 paid)
5. Jeff R - Unpolished Logo (+$30 paid)
6. Dan D - Unpolished Logo (+$30 paid)
7. Emmanuel G - Polished Logo (+$30 paid)
8. Aaron I - Unpolished Logo (+$30 paid)
9. Dennis P - Unpolished No Logo (+$30 paid)

Rear

1. Rob H (+$30 paid)
2. Roger S (+$30 paid)
3. Raj S (+$30 paid)
4. John V (+$30 paid)
5. Jeff R. (+$30 paid)
6. Travis J. REFUNDED
7. Emmanuel G (+$30 paid)
8. Anthony V.D
9. Dennis P (+$30 paid)

See less See more
#8 ·
Not for the purposes of the group buy, it would take too much time away from completing the parts for the group. You'd have to contact Mitch to see if he can do this on a one off basis. Considering the amount of time that he'd have to put into getting it done I'd hazard to guess that even IF the answer is yes you'd be looking at a decent increase in price.

#16 ·
A few reasons but the main one is that even IF you can get a bar in these exact dimension for $35 (which I know you can't) someone still has to do the work to make it a bolt on part. And even IF you could do that yourself as you have the resources you're comparing apples to oranges because:

1) The machine shop has to make money, Mitch has to make Money, I have to make money. When you are building for yourself the plan is to save money, not make money...kind of not the same. I don't know about you but when I do a unit of work I'd prefer I was paid for it. The amount of money I make off these bars is NOT worth my time but I'm doing it to provide a unique part to the community on my website and to help Mitch out as if people like him aren't making parts for our cars NOBODY is...still...working for free is NOT an option.
2) These need to be shipped from Mitch to Me, they need to be carefully bubble wrapped and boxed, they need to be insured...this step alone will take a few hours. The labor isn't free, the box isn't free, the bubble wrap isn't free, the shipping isn't free and neither is the insurance.
3) Once I get them they need to be individually boxed, individually labelled, shipped and insured...see last sentence above.
4) We are building these for MK2 which means that we are build 20-30 tops if we're lucky. If these were for Civic's and we were able to build hundreds or thousands and hire a team of unskilled laborers to do 90% of the work then it's a different story. Mitch and I are doing ALL the work: sales, service, shipping, receiving, after sales support etc.

I hope I've at least partially answered our questions, in light of the above if you still thing it's way too expensive it's an opinion you're entitled to.

Lastly: If you can get these built to bolt in and have them shipped to me for in and around $35-$50 then you and I have some business to discuss on potential future products.

#26 ·
I am in for a rear bar! Just paid! I would like to know the above question as well. I would be willing to pay more but may need some time my paychecks are supporting the house hold and this just became my Christmas gift. I would love to have one of these rear bars so hopefully it's still do-able. Thanks! -travis

#29 ·
For now the date will stay, I've run enough group buys to know that the length of the group does not play a factor in the success of the group buy. Most people pay the last day, makes sense as they want to hold their money as long as possible. So we'll wait till the 7th before any decisions are made. Personally I don't want to extend it as that involves getting the OK from everyone who has already paid, so in order to get 2-3 more sales we might lose 2-3 paid participants who don't want their money held with no deadline in sight.

#32 ·
There are from my count about half a dozen guys with the TS Hood that expressed interest in this...like I said lets wait till the deadline before we hit any panic buttons. I really don't like sending out emails to individuals as it's really not how I like to do business but for the benefit of everyone involved when the GB deadline has passed I will send out emails to those that expressed interest and didn't buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.