Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
I just sent an email out to all those in the CF Hood Group buy...I'll wait till Monday morning and then we'll see what needs to be done. If I don't get any response by Monday then I'll send out an email to everyone in the group buy asking if you still want in $30/bar or if you want your money back. For me this group buy is a LOT of work, more than most and unfortunately it's just not worth the time if the sales are lower than 10...even at 10 bars/side it's pushing it but I'm trying really hard to help get these out as it helps Mitch make a few bucks and it helps those that need it. Again...only so much I can do and a sad realization of how hard it is to get stuff made for these cars :(.

I really wish I could get in on this, but the funds are just not available atm, what with blowing the clutch out 2 weeks back, and having to put a new windhsield in my daily the same week...

Do you think you'll still stock a few for your site? Even if they're at a higher price, I'll pony up as soon as I can.

Sainthood is appropriate here, George. We won't make you wear the funny hat and dress though. Isn't that nice of us! How about a Pith helmet and a big shiny Supra God badge? Yeah, I know. You don't need no stinking badges!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Hey folks;

so I've sent out emails to try to drum up some more sales but we are stuck at 9 with 1 person seriously interested making the numbers 10. This isn't good, so you all need to decided if:

1) You still want in with a $30 premium on each bar
2) You want your money back

All I can say is that if one person drops out I will have no choice but to refund everyone their funds, in order to make this worth my while I was hoping to buy bars to stock and sell on my site which means in order to keep the cost down for non-group buy purchases I'd need to purchase 20 bars. IF 2 people drop out it means I'd personally have to buy 12 front and 12 rear bars, which makes no business sense to me if 9 bars is all we can do at group buy pricing. This is an awesome product that I desperately wanted to help with but there is really not a lot of room to ensure that Mitch makes some money, I make some money and the end customer gets a decent value. Perhaps in the future Mitch can try his own group buy as it might be more worth his time with smaller numbers, for me 9 bars is not worth the work required to ship them all out...sorry.

So please post up if you want out, if I don't hear from everyone I will send out an email to all who purchased but my time is limited for the next couple of days so hoping that everyone who participated is watching this thread as they should be.

Please note that IF we are able to get to 10 timelines will be very loose, smaller numbers means lower priority in the machine shop etc...so from now if it does go through I'm not sure when we can ship.

I'm currently on a family vacation, but on my return I will work with my supplier to try to get the 20 unit pricing for 15 pieces. I much rather not have everyone pay a premium if possible. But that still requires 5 more to be sold.

Mitch

The timing is off for me. I'll pay full price at a later date. Hopefully they will still be available.
Thanks...

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Yeah...it's not looking too good guys! I had a couple of peeps who asked out, so it doesn't really look like we'll get the numbers. Maybe we can try this again next year around tax season or some other time, but for now it's pretty evident there's not a lot of interest in this which is a huge shame. Unless things drastically change I'll start processing refunds on the weekend.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.