Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Raptor Racing Big Brake Kit Group Buy Phase 1

20K views 74 replies 18 participants last post by  RaptorRacing 
#1 · (Edited)
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
PHONE NUMBER: 416-677-5962 (Emergency only)
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
LOCATION: US orders shipping from Michigan, Canadian/International Orders shipping from Toronto
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Paypal/Credit Card through Website
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: Raptor Racing MK2 Big Brake Kit
GROUP BUY START DATE: May 19th, 2014
GROUP BUY END DATE: June 27th, 2014
NUMBER OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BUY: Unlimited

Ok folks it's that time of the decade again where we're going to be offering up the MK2 Big Brake Kit one more time. The last time we had this done was 2011 and I've had a few request so figured we should be able to get this done.

Much like the last group buy we're going to be doing this in 2 different phases:

Phase 1: Group Buy for the Brake Adapters, Rotor Adapters and Plated Hardware.
Phase 2: Group Buy for Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Proportioning Valve and Residual Pressure Valve. This time I will be offer a choice of Hawk and Porterfield Pads and we are actually working on a Hardline Kit for the residual pressure valves.

Kit Details and Pricing

Front Kit: Includes Aluminum Rotor Adapter, Steel Caliper Mounting Adapters and plated mounting hardware(not shown in pix).

$415 - Shipped to Canada and Continental USA if I sell 15 units
$400 - Shipped to Canada and Continental USA if I sell 20 units
Next Discount is at 30 kits which I doubt we will get to...IF we do I'll figure out pricing as I didn't get it as the chances of us selling 30 is VERY slim

Rear Kit: Includes custom Machined Cast Iron Hats w/E-Brake Support, Steel Caliper Mounting Adapters and plated mounting bolts(not shown in pix).

$550 - Shipped to Canada and Continental USA if I sell 15 units
$510 - Shipped to Canada and Continental USA if I sell 20 units
Next Discount is at 30 kits which I doubt we will get to...IF we do I'll figure out pricing as I didn't get it as the chances of us selling 30 is VERY slim

PLEASE NOTE: The above parts only allow you to bolt on the 12.19” Coleman Rotors and Wilwood Calipers, these are NOT included and need to be purchased separated. As stated there will be a follow up group buy for those items

PLEASE NOTE: This kit requires 16" + rims; it has been discovered that some 16" rims will not fit with this kit but this is very rare.

PLEASE NOTE:Since I have no idea how many we will sell I will have to give you all pricing for different levels. How this will work is: you will pay the amount for the lowest quantity listed (15 units), and if more happen to sell I will refund you the difference when we have it all finalized.

When comparing with "regular" store price keep in mind that this price does include free shipping, also shipping costs have gone up a few bux since I've run the numbers. The only way to get the price down is with numbers and unfortunately as a community those numbers are getting smaller and smaller every year.

Ordering and Payment Information

All orders must go through the website on this link: http://raptorracing.com/group-buys

ALL payments MUST include a phone number in your payment, I can't express how much work it creates when I have to search for an email just to find your number when it comes time for shipping.

Canadian Customers pay sales tax calcutated Automatically by the shopping cart on the site. There is NO tax for US Customers. Customers outside of Canada and Continental USA please send me an email and ask for a shipping quote.

Timeframe

Group Buy starts today and I will keep it Open until June 27, this should give everyone who is seriously interested some time to gather the funds.

Once the order goes in it will take about 4-5 weeks for these to go through production, once I get a proper idea of production I will post up the 2nd group buy for the other components.

Notables

This kit is designed by Supra Enthusiasts for Supra Enthusiast, sales from this kit ensure that vendors like myself and Jim are always around to make and sell parts that nobody else has any interest in. We have worked very hard to make this as affordable as possible for everyone. This kit is not for everyone but for those looking for the best possible braking components for your car, you can't get much better.

FAQ

Q: What size rims do I need
A: 16" Minimum. In 10+ years I only heard of 1 set of 16's that didn't work and they were not the right offset, 3 piece made in Japan Wheels...very rare.

Q: Is this the JDK BBK??
A: Yes...100% designed and built by JDK and sold exclusively through Raptor Racing

Q: I already have the adapters but need the rest of the parts and I don't see them in here
A: I offer them on my site here or you can wait till Phase 2 of this group buy where you will be able to save a few bux.

Q: I want to buy a complete kit but don't see the option....what gives
A: The reason I'm not offering a "full kit" right now is because if I do it means that you are paying for everything and waiting till production is done on the caliper and rotor adapters.

Q: Are you going to stock these after the group buy
A: Yes but pricing is going up from the current website pricing

Q: Are instructions included
A: I have been trying for MANY years to get a customer to write step by step instructions but no biters yet. There is an EXCELLENT write up for the front kit here, nothing so far for the rear kit. If someone who currently has the kit is interested in some free swag by providing install pix/instructions contact me.

Q: This bonus you speak of, if I order anything with a Phase 1 BBK purchase do I have to wait until the BBK's ship out
A: No...this will ship out right away/as soon as the part is available

Q: I'd love these in 5 Bolt Pattern, can you do that
A: No I can't but I can do blanks, you'd have to drill them yourself.

Q: Can you get me a Shipping Quote to Australia
A: Sure...but its unfortunately not cheap:
Phase 1 BBK Only: $132
Complete Front and Rear BBK except rotors(Phase 1 Parts, Calipers, Pads, Lines): $232
Complete Front and Rear BBK (Phase 1 Parts, Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines): $438

Q: Would you consider a bulk Shipping to Australia to save us costs, if so do you have any details
A: Yes I would as for a pallet weighing up to 600lb it would be about $1000 (best guess for now) to ship, so if there are 4-5 people ordering complete BBK's from Australia the savings will be significant. However, the ONLY way I would do this is if I was dealing with one person and one shipment. It's up to you guys to work out who that person is and how to get your parts off them.

Q: Will this get Billy tha' ladies?
A: Only the ones that CJ is not interested in...he doesn't need Big Brakes to attrack the ladies...if you know what I mean:naughty:

PAID LIST

1. Jeff S - NY. 1 Front 1 Rear
2. Billy M - SC 1 Front
3. Parker F - OK 1 Front
4. Dennis P - SC 1 Front 1 Rear
5. Joshua B - KY 1 Front
6. Mosbah A - AUS 1 Front 1 Rear
7. John A - AUS 1 Front 1 Rear
8. Matthew M - HI 1 Front 1 Rear
9. Brent R - MI 1 Front 1 Rear
10. Mike B - TX 1 Front 1 Rear
11. Chadrick L - WV 1 Rear
12. Christian J - CA 1 Front 1

Totals

Fronts: 11
Rears: 9

BONUS Order ANYTHING else from the site when you purchase this and received a $20 gift certificate for purchases of $100+ and $50 for purchases of $400+ (not including the BBK purchase).

See less See more
#5 ·
Hey Alex...NOT trying to be a smart ass at all bro:

Phase 1: Group Buy for the Brake Adapters, Rotor Adapters and Plated Hardware.
Phase 2: Group Buy for Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Proportioning Valve and Residual Pressure Valve. This time I will be offer a choice of Hawk and Porterfield Pads and we are actually working on a Hardline Kit for the residual pressure valves.
If you need Calipers, Rotors, Pads etc then yes...Phase 2.

If I need to re-write that for it to make sense please let me know folks, sleep is commodity I'm lacking these days and it made sense to me when I wrote it so if I need to clarify PLEASE let me know.

#10 ·
In the first post I ask anyone who is not in Canada/Continental USA to contact me first. There is no point paying if you're not happy with the shipping price. When you email me I'll need to know EXACTLY what you plan on ordering in order to get you a quote.

FYI FOLKS: I've updated the first post and put in a FAQ section that will be updated if I notice I get the same questions.

#23 ·
fronts suffice immensely over stock. Im not sure what the portioning ratio.. but I can say that its probably like 70/30 or maybe 65/35 and I'd feel way safer with just upgraded fronts for starters. Never looking at car parts to pick up ladies.. only to go fast safely. Its just a + If that works out.

#29 ·
interested, just curious about something... here in AUS they are a bit anal about having dust boots on the brakes if the car is driven on road, i noticed wilwood now do dynapros with dust boots however they dont do it in a 1.25" rotor width, only 0.81". can these adapters be used with the thinner discs and spacer washers or will the caliper be too far off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.